Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woundedone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Garnishment in Virginia
    Is there a Federal law prohibiting more than one garnishment at a time? I have been garnished for student loans for about a year now, they take about 15% of my pay. Now a auto loan creditor wants to garnish me for about $4K of an reposessed car. Can they do this? I didn't believe this was possible, but like so much here in Virginia that's unbelievable if they could it wouldn't be very surprising...

On the same track, aren't you supposed to be able to have your status "reviewed" in order to stop the garnishments and establish a regular payment schedule? I've been so screwed over by creditors - every time I try to make arrangements in good faith they don't honor their part of the bargain, only to say "bad debtor" and start the harassment process all over again...

Thanks so much

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice for custody in Virginia [ 2 Answers ]

I currently live in Virginia. In 2002, I made some bad choices and decisions that resulted in becoming homeless, jobless and carless. Subsequently, my then estranged husband went to court and took the kids from me. It started as a temporary order in May of 2002. In November of 2002 we were to...

Leasing in Virginia [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this forum so help me out here! I live in Virginia and signed a 1 year lease in March. I have been dating somebody and have decided to move in with him. I haven't had a chance to research my lease yet, but do recall when I signed it that I would only be responsible for 3 months or...

Virginia L-T Statutes [ 4 Answers ]

:p VA residential tenants "may" have a lease relationship under the VRLTA - Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act - DEPENDING on the # of and type of residential rental units the property owner may own. If the rented residence is a SFR - single family residence - it is doubtful the VRLTA is...

Adding a name on a deed in Virginia [ 1 Answers ]

What are the steps? Do I need an attorney?

Contest in Virginia [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of Virginia, is it illegal to run a contest where there is an entry fee and a cash prize is awarded? Keep in mind you are not eligible to win a cash prize without paying the entry fee.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.