Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 06:59 AM
    2008 medicare deduction
    What is the amount that was deducted for medicare from social security checks in 2008? Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 08:32 AM

It is the premium, the deductable is what you pay at the doctors office

This should help

Medicare Premiums 2009

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medicare cost for 2008 [ 1 Answers ]

What is/was the medicare charge (deducted from social security payments) for 2008, for a gross adjusted income of $86,000?

2008 Medicare Deduction from SS check [ 1 Answers ]

What is the amount being deducted from my Social Security check in 2008? Something in the 90s. Everyone I ask gives me a different answer. Thank you.

Medicare Deduction [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for the same company for 15 years. We were just bought out so I essentially became a new employee of the company that bought us on July 1st. In the past I would stop getting Medicare deducted from my pay around October. Will it still go on now that I switched employers? Thanks

Question of F1 opt ss taxes & medicare deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I read the "Pub of F1 opt Social Security taxes & medicare deduction ". But for my case is: I have been USA for more than 5 years, but I hold F1 only for 2 years, J2 and H4 before. Do I qualify for F1 opt ss taxes & medicare deduction? Thanks

Pub of F1 opt Social Security taxes & medicare deduction [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, Currently, I work for a company in my OPT. But somehow I know my employee should not deduct my Social Security taxes & medicare taxes, the problem is that I just can't figure out which publication and where of the IRS noticed that. I checked the former thread that the tax expert mentioned...

View more questions Search