Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elisascott69 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Furnace repair
    What company is a good to fix my furnace in columbus Ohio?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 07:52 AM

Choose a company that specializes in the make of your furnace. Use the phone book, or ask a neighbour.

Feb 17, 2009, 08:52 AM
    I did! I even went on the bbb to find a company and they didn't list any local companys. They didn't list any companys that's why I asked!
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    choose a company that specializes in the make of your furnace. Use the phone book, or ask a neighbour.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 10:04 AM

You are on an international cite. I wasn't being smart and you don't have to YELL
    I tried to help elisa. I don't see anyone jumping up to the plate so far.

Then you have to use a reputable heating & air conditioning company in your neighbourhood.

If I wanted that kind of work done, and I have as a matter of fact, I went in my local telephone book and started phoning.

What else can you do. Surely there are heating & air conditioning repair shops listed in your area !!!!!!!

In fact, I just googled 'furnace repair in Columbus OH' and found a lot of places, plus a very detailed map on where they are. So try that too.

Feb 17, 2009, 03:45 PM
    You are on an international cite. I wasnt being smart and you dont have to YELL
    I tried to help elisa. I dont see anyone jumping up to the plate so far.

Then you have to use a reputable heating & air conditioning company in your neighbourhood.

If I wanted that kind of work done, and I have as a matter of fact, I went in my local telephone book and started phoning.

What else can you do. Surely there are heating & air conditioning repair shops listed in your area !!!!!!!

In fact, I just googled 'furnace repair in Columbus OH' and found a lot of places, plus a very detailed map on where they are. So try that too.
    Yes there are a lot of company's but can you read I also went on the better business bureau(BBB)site and their was none listed. I will not use a company that is not a accredited business. I been ripped off and don't want to go down that road again. I'm sorry for yelling. Didn't mean too.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 05:22 PM

Here where I am, we get billed long after the work is done, and the work Ihave done is exceptional because it is a small town and everyone knows each other. We only have 3 furnace repair guys and all are equally good.

I haven't used the BBB for anything in years because they are overwhelmed and I don't know how they are still in business.

I don't know how to help you. You will have to take a chance I guess.

I remember Columbus when it was about the same way.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 05:29 PM

What make and model is your furnace. If you can answer me some questions, maybe, and I mean maybe, I can help you fix it yourself. I don't live anywhere near Ohio, so I can't answer your original question, but I would like to help regardless. Please let me know if you would like help fixing it yourself. If not, I'm sorry I can't help you any further. Either way, good luck, and I hope it gets fixed for a reasonable cost. Take care.

Feb 17, 2009, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    what make and model is your furnace. If you can answer me some questions, maybe, and i mean maybe, i can help you fix it yourself. i dont live anywhere near ohio, so i can't answer your original question, but i would like to help regardless. Please let me know if you would like help fixing it yourself. If not, im sorry i can't help you any further. Either way, good luck, and i hope it gets fixed for a reasonable cost. Take care.
    It's a rheem criterion gas furnace. Model RGDJ07EAUER I was told from a few friends it's one of the 2 motors the bearings are going out. I would love to fix it myself I am a little worried of the gas part. Thanks for responding.
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 04:17 AM

What alarms me is the fact that OP is willing to try and fix a gas furnace on her own with on line help.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 04:35 AM
    What alarms me is the fact that OP is willing to try and fix a gas furnace on her own with on line help.
    Happens every day 'round here, my friend. We do our best to assess the capability of the person in need, before giving any DIY advice. For this one, the tool I would recommend (as you did) is a phone book.

Feb 18, 2009, 06:16 AM
    [QUOTE=tickle;1555419]What alarms me is the fact that OP is willing to try and fix a gas furnace on her own with on line help.[/QUOTE
    EXCUSE ME I DON'T NEED YOUR SO CALLED OPINION ANYMORE!
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 06:24 AM

Sorry, elisa, I was concerned for your safety. You expressed yourself you were a little worried about the gas part of it. I would be too. If I offended you, my apologies. I have a gas furnace too, and you know, even if its okay, and I have had problems, fixable though, I still wake up when it kicks on and takes so long to blow through.

Ms tickle
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 06:10 PM

Here is the first company I found on the net for columbus Ohio. Maybe try calling them. Ask questions, like, what there rate is, and if they could suggest any other companys that may be closer to you.

Atlas Butler Heating and cooling. 1-800-387-6223. Now I have no idea about their company, but there online ad sounds good. Hope they or another company can help. Please let us know how things work out.

Also, maybe try typing in columbus Ohio heating technicians. This is where I found this number, looks like there are some more there too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to repair crack in furnace body [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an old water boiler furnace. There's a crack in the outer metal of it. You can see the flames by the crack and the metal becomes orange when it's hot. I asked advice to a technician on how to fix this and he said that usually they put a fire proof panel over the crack from the inside...

Furnace repair [ 4 Answers ]

What would cause the round plastic sight hole to the furnace burners to melt around the edges.

Repair or replace a Payne Gas Furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

G'day, I have a Payne PG8MAA042090 gas heater and I believe it's rated as 90,00 BTUs at 80%. This unit was installed in December 2002 due to t house inspection when I purchased the house. Shortly after that I installed a LUX1500 programmable thermostat from Home Depot and this combo has...

Whether to repair or purchase new furnace/AC? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old Lennox system and the igniter panel (may or not be correct term?) is out, so it's going to cost $500 or so to fix it. I know it would save energy to buy a new system, but my AC is fine. How long do systems of this age normally last? I have had no other repairs yet. I'm...

Furnace repair [ 2 Answers ]

Gas furnace has an intermittent electronic ignition. It kicks on for about two minutes and then shuts down. Could the problem be the limit switch? If not, what do you think the problem could be?

View more questions Search