Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashok jain Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Forming LLC or not
    "I am a resident alien living abroad with my husband and we both qualifify for foeiegn Income
    Exclusion. We have no US source income. I pay social seurity Tax to earn credits, on myself
    Employed income from 2 activities i.e. a management fee of $2500 from Activity 1 which is to manage
    A rental residential property which is jointly owned by myslf and my husband. Activity 2 is an
    Advisory/ management fee of $2500 for portfolio investment in various foreign shares/bonds/Funds
    Owned by self and husband. My husband who lives with me abroad is employed and does not devote any
    Time for these 2 activities.
    Please advise do I fill 2 schedule C to report above self employed income? Or show it on 2444 as income. Is it simpler that we should we form 2 LLCs for these 2 ativities ? What should be the structure of such LLCs should LLC be in joint name? If LLCs are formed then do we need to transfer the rental property and the portfolio investments to the LLC or we can continue to hold these in joint name?Please advise do I fill 2 schedule C for above self employed income? Or show it on 2444 as income. Should we form 2 LLCs for these ctivities ? Should LLC be in joint name? If LLCs are formed then do we need to transfer the rental property and the portfolio investments to the LLC or we can continue to hold these in joint name?

Check out some similar questions!

Forming concrete stairs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am searching for help on forming some concrete stairs. The stairs will be outside the home. There are existing stairs, but the path leading from bottom of the stairs to the driveway is way too much of an inclination so I am going to add some steps to it. What I would like help with...

Forming an LLC for a dot.com [ 1 Answers ]

I am setting up a dot.com company. Am the owner, but expect to have angel investors pitching in. I am told that a Delaware LLC would be the best structure. How do I go about getting this done? Should I engage a CPA or lawyer, or go with an online service? Thanks all! ---

Forming a corporation LLC [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a dba for a year now and I want to start my corporation because my husband and his corp (restaurant) I was the secretary of his company and now that company that's out of business and him personally are being sued for a note the he is liable for.. I want to protect any future assets of...

Forming a portfolio [ 1 Answers ]

The standard deviation of expected returns for investments X and Y equal 20% and 22% respectively. The correlation between returns for X and Y is .40. Find the combination of X and Y that yield the minimum risk portfolio. If your objective is to form a portfolio with these two securities that is...

Pattern forming. [ 1 Answers ]

I angered somebody on-line last week because I told him, tongue in cheek, to throw away his new Noma thermostat. Are there any contractractors on this site that would install and guarantee a Noma, Lux or Hunter thermostat? Why not? How many posts are there this week about thermostats? What...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.