Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljay0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 09:16 PM
    How to perform K-test?
    Hello,
    I've read through many posts and symptoms on my 1992 Honda Civic EX and they are exactly as described by many that leads me to perform the famous K-test. However, my auto-mechanical knowledge is in its infancy, so I'll need some idiot-proof help.

1. Where is the MAP sensor on a 1992 Honda Civic EX? Does anyone have a picture?

2. Can I just use a test light to test for voltage? Or will that be inconclusive and I should really use a multimeter?

3. Is it possible to diagnose a bad ECM visually? That is, can I just open it up and inspect the board with my amateur eyes and see that it's toast?

And just for completion, here's what happening to my Honda:
    It will not start, but:
    - it turns over
    - CEL stays on for 2 seconds after ignition ON, then it goes out
    - main relay clicks
    - fuel pump runs
    - all fuses (under the hood and inside) are OK

Thank you very much!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 07:40 AM

Your ECM is fine, since the CEL comes on and goes off normally. I would focus on the distributor and replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    eljay0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey View Post
    Your ECM is fine, since the CEL comes on and goes off normally. I would focus on the distributor and replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    Thank you!
    I will try to source replacement igniter and coil and I'll post back here with results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to perform a pressure test for an inspector [ 1 Answers ]

I've NEVER done plumbing before!! I have added an addition to my home and I am to the plumbing inspection. I have added a toilet and a sink to my existing lines, not to advanced but still something I am unfamiliar with. I have the pressure valves on the drain line of the sink and the waste...

How do I perform the honda k-test? [ 1 Answers ]

Txgreasemonkey Can you walk me through the K-test, there are many circuits I can test for low voltage? Do you have an image that can help me test the right one? Thank you

How would you perform this J-Entry [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I am so lost I keep trying to get this down pat but it keeps coming up wrong on my end... please help!! :eek: Use: The percent of accounts recv. Method to estimate bad debts --- One Dec 31 2005 - outstanding accts recv of $55,000 with 2% estimated to be uncollectable. Then I have to...

Doesn't perform any Power on Self Test [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a ECS motherboard 3 months ago it works fine. And till this problems comes, it doesn't perform any Power on Self Test. It has a display. I can't even enter the bios setup. How could I fix this? Please help me... I'm a new user here

View more questions Search