Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisnbrittany Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 11:19 AM
    Good or bad diet?
    What is the best most effective diet to go on I have tried low carb gained it back AND SOME then weight watches time consuming and didn't have the money so what else is out there?? I thought about trying the order the food and it comes to your house deal but I am so busy working and taking care of husband and house that I don't have time to do all that so please gimme some advice! Thank a lot
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 11:32 AM
    What helps me is to keep your tummy full all day. 6 or 7 small meals. That way you do not indulge when you are hungry.

Good healthy foods, veggies, fresh with dips, fruits with or without dips, cheese, etc.

The trick is to fool your tummy that you are not hungry.
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Aug 16, 2006, 07:46 PM
    The most effective diet is never a diet, but a lifestyle change. You are a certain weight now, given your existing diet. If you change what you eat, by reducing the number of calories you consume (for example), you may lose weight. However, when you go back to your previous eating habits, all that lost weight will come right back again.

You have to try to find a set of eating habits and foods that you can live with for the rest of your life. Depriving yourself of the things you love will not work. Moderation and exercise, but something sustainable. A half hour of walking each day counts as exercise. Smaller portions counts as moderation.

Keeping the stomach full (as J_9 suggests) is a good approach. Keep your diet balanced, though. Remember that it's fat that makes you feel full. Try to cut out all fat from your diet, and you'll probably be hungry all the time.
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 7, 2006, 06:09 PM
    I agree totally with dmatos. "Diets" (in the traditional sense) a lot of the time, are what keep people overweight.

Cut something out completely and its almost guaranteed that that will be the food you crave, and when you do finally let yourself have some, you will not stop eating it.

A balanced diet (including tonnes of vegetables) with small meals every 2-3 hours and regular exercise is the way to go.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2006, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Girl_123
    I agree totally with dmatos. "Diets" (in the traditional sense) a lot of the time, are what keep people overweight.

Cut something out completely and its almost guaranteed that that will be the food you crave, and when you do finally let yourself have some, you will not stop eating it.

A balanced diet (including tonnes of vegetables) with small meals every 2-3 hours and regular exercise is the way to go.
    This is perfect! Small meals that keep the tummy full will not cause you to overeat when you are hungry.

If you eat only 1 or 2 meals a day your body "hangs" on to the calories because it is "afraid" that it will be deprived of food later on. You need to make wise choices in your diet as well as "filling up your gas tank" often to maintain optimum results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low carb diet [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I've been preparing to go on a low carb diet;but most of the recipes I find that need a flour are calling for all kinds of nut flours eg;almond etc. I'm ALLERGIC to NUTS! Is there any alternative?Got to get off the refined white flour. Thanks Robin

What Diet? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been doing many diets and can't find one that works with my busy schedule and I am hungry all the time. What is the best one from you opinion and how do I do it? :(

Healthy diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,it had been great pleasure for me to get quick response from all of u.thank u.as I'm 5ft8inch and I weigh 52 kg so I like thin I want to increase My muscles fast as quick as can so tell me nice diest which increase muscles and testosterone.

Diabetic diet [ 1 Answers ]

My Aunt is a big, beautiful, mature woman who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She is having a problem understanding how to convert carbs to grams. Her dietician is a wonderful person, but doesn't realize that she is 70 years old and may not catch on as quickly as a younger...

Diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How can I lose some weight ( only 3-4 kg) without going on horrible diets? Because I've seen people who went on hard diets and did lose weight but the wieght went back as soon as they returned to normal eating habbits. I've already cut off hot chips and junk food. What else shoud I do? Thanks

View more questions Search