Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parana8811 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 05:15 PM
    My girlfriend recently broke up with me & now she's making things so complicated
    Hello all, my girlfriend broke up with me about a month ago, by the way it's a Long-distance relationship. It was so sudden, oneday I had a call from her and she wanted to take a break from me. The reason was because she had no feelings for me any longer, during that time she break off with me she was still overseas and she was so cruel and heartless towards the break up. Anyway we recently got back together as friends, we made out and had sex. At first she was telling me we can be sex buddies and as time went by she started showing me her emotions ( like crying because she hurted me real bad when she broke off with me ) also telling me that she loves me ( I told her not to say that if she didn't mean it ) she said she still loves me a little, there are so many things she's bringing up like if I still want to marry her and have kids with her. The problem I'm facing is I don't know if I should believe all this things she is saying to me and when I asked her if she had any thoughts about us getting back together, she says she does think about it sometimes but when I ask her if we could get back together she keeps rejecting me with all her excuses ( she's afraid <-- have no idea why she's afraid, I think I should be the one being more afraid since she break off with me ) she's a girl that changes her mind very quickly, one moment she wants an apple the next moment she wants an orange. I really love her with all my heart, I just feel she's using me. Please advice me what I should do and if anyone knows, what she wants.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 06:00 PM

No one knows what she wants, it sounds as if she doesn't know herself.

But one things for sure... she's using you, and your letting her!

Leave this relationship, she's already broke your heart and she'll do it again, I'd bet a months wages on it.

Not to be rude, just the truth.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by parana8811 View Post

The reason was because she had no feelings for me any longer,

The reason was because she was screwing somebody else.

during that time she break off with me she was still overseas and she was so cruel and heartless towards the break up. Anyway we recently got back together as friends,
    Just out of curiosity, do all your friends treat you cruelly and heartlessly?

we made out and had sex.
    I have to tell you, I saw this coming before I read it. She knows you are emotionally wrapped up in her and she's using you for sex.

At first she was telling me we can be sex buddies
    Sex buddies. In other words you are just there for the moment until the next guy comes along and then she dumps you again.

and as time went by she started showing me her emotions ( like crying cos she hurted me real bad when she broke off with me ) also telling me that she loves me ( i told her not to say that if she didnt mean it )
    She should you her emotions? More like she used her emotions to control you, and you fell for it, hook, line and whore.

she said she still loves me alittle,
    She'd be lying.

there are so many things shes bringing up like if i still want to marry her and have kids with her.
    Honest to God. Beyond the fact she's trying to continue to keep you emotionally invested in this, could you honestly look your future children in the eye and tell them this was the best mother you could get them?

The problem im facing is i dont know if i should believe all this things she is saying to me
    Not a single word.

and when i asked her if she had any thoughts about us getting back together, she says she does think about it sometimes but when i ask her if we could get back together she keeps rejecting me with all her excuses ( shes afraid <-- have no idea why shes afraid, i think i should be the one being more afraid since she break off with me )
    Of course she does. She just wants to string you along, she talks a big game but can't deliver. She already told you she just wants to be sex buddies. She's just using you to keep it warm while she searches for somebody else that isn't as available as you are.

shes a girl that changes her mind very quickly, one moment she wants an apple the next moment she wants an orange. i really love her with all my heart, i just feel shes using me.
    There's a reason you feel that way. She's using you, and it's clear as day.

Please advice me wat i should do and if anyone knows, what she wants.
    She wants to use you until she finds someone else. She purposely plays on your emotions. What you need and I do mean need to do is get away from her, and certainly quit listening to her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 06:01 PM

She wants to use you for her own emotional needs and doesn't care what you want. How can you go along with her program, and be her boy toy, until something better comes along? Then you may have to share.
    parana8811 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 06:46 PM
    I like to add something's to my experiences, when we are together after the break up she didn't want her family to know that she's hanging out with me then all of a sudden (2days ago) when I went over to her place to watch dvds with her, she asked me straight away to spend the night with her, she was having a bad headache that night ( we were meeting up everyday not just having sex but spending time as what a couple does ) all of a sudden letting her family knows we are sleeping together didn't seem to bother her anymore. I think I would like to make things clear to her about what I want, what I want is to have a serious relationship. If she doesn't want that I think I have to end all this with her. Everyone is telling me she's not worth it and telling me to move on and I know I should but somewhere in me something keeps me from doing that.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 07:01 PM
    I like to add somethings to my experiences, when we are together after the break up she didnt want her family to know that shes hanging out with me then all of a sudden (2days ago) when i went over to her place to watch dvds with her, she asked me straight away to spend the night with her, she was having a bad headache that night ( we were meeting up everyday not just having sex but spending time as wat a couple does ) all of a sudden letting her family knows we are sleeping together didnt seem to bother her anymore. I think i would like to make things clear to her about wat i want, wat i want is to have a serious relationship. If she doesnt want that i think i have to end all this with her. everyone is telling me shes not worth it and telling me to move on and i know i should but somewhere in me something keeps me from doing that.

Now read what we all wrote.

Then quit making excuses for her.
    khinanight Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2009, 07:01 PM

Buddy read the signs. She has no real feelings for you and she is just using you for sex until someone better comes around. Do not even think about marriage. All it will get you is heartache. Even worse If you have children.
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Feb 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Ex's or friends with benefits is a NO NO...

You will just get hurt and more confused at the end- what is the point in that?

Read what the others wrote- Chuff has said it all so well!

Time to go NC big time.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Feb 17, 2009, 02:38 AM

This sounds like rerun when my ex broke up with me the first time.Knowing what I know now I would run as fast as possible.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 08:38 AM

Run away, don't let her control you and be the friends with benefits. It will only lead to stronger heartbreak, upset stomach and sleepless nights. Not to mention, maybe a nice bus ride to the free clinic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making things fit with CSS and IE [ 2 Answers ]

So I've this database driven site that displays its results in a table with a series of <div> tags for layering and positioning purposes. I wanted to create a link to more information about a specific result but I'm having trouble getting everything working the way I want. To be more specific,...

We broke up, but its complicated. [ 14 Answers ]

Okay well I broke up with her yeasterday after 8 months and I told her almost word from word "i think we should take some time apart, i think the best thing for our relationship is to take it threw God because we can't fall in love with eachother untill we fall in love with God, we can't do this on...

My girlfriend needed to take steps back, now things are complicated. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to try telling a long story in a short space here. This woman started working in the same office and from "Hi" there was an instant connection. Over a few weeks we would bump into each other every now and then and I'd start up small talk to get a feel for her. Then we had a work party...

Things are getting slightly complicated! [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :( Ok. So my Boyfriend that I'd been dating for almost 7 months broke up with me about 12 days ago. I've let go as much as I can, I won't deny that I'm still angry at him for the way he acts/ed towrds me, but I'm not really hurting anymore, I miss the things he did but not him. Latley...

View more questions Search