Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yeroc6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Chemical composition
    I need help I don't understand this! :confused:

A sample of sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) weighs 15.0g. Calculate the following Quantities with work shown.

A. moles of NaCO3
    B. number of Na2CO3 formula units
    C. number of Na+ ions
    D. moles of CO3 2- ions
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 16, 2009, 09:25 PM

1. Start by calculating the molecular weight of Na2CO3. You have 15 grams, you can calculate the number of moles from the molecular weight and the 15 grams.

2. Formula Units are the same as moles in this case.

3. You can look at the molecular formula to tell how many Na+ ions there are *per mole*

4. Same as #3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the chemical composition of porcelain [ 1 Answers ]

What is porcelain made of. Is it the same a ceramic?

% composition [ 1 Answers ]

If an experiment requires 5g of H2SO4 ,what volume of a 1% (w/w) solution should be used? Thanks

Composition of Chemical Formulas [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure how to calculate the number of atoms in the following chemical formulas. The parentheses are confusing me. Thanks for your help: CH3(CH2)16COOH (stearic acid) C3H5(C17H33COO)3 (triolein)

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search