Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 02:40 PM
    British comedy movie
    I watched a British comedy a few years ago on New Zealand TV, and I would like to know the name of it.

The plot is basically about a company who are having a Seminar or Company conference abroad, and some of the employees hire a plane to travel there.

Unfortunately, the "pilot" is not licenced (is a maintenance man or similar), and the plane crashes (possibly in France), killing the "pilot".

Everyone else survived, and they get the plane started again, allbeit travelling on the ground.

The rest of the comedy is their "progress" to get to the seminar.

It ends with all of them dying through hunger and thirst, the last two survivors killing each other.

The end shows the camera panning over the next hill from them showing a tourist resort, probably the site of their conference.

(If only they had known that before killing themselves!)

Any help anyone can give in identifying this would be very much appreciated.
    jumpin Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2009, 11:37 PM

Hi RobinH,

The film I think you're looking for was one of the 39 films made by 'The Comic Strip Presents', it's called 'Four Men in a Plane' which was a sequel to "Four Men in a Car'. It was in 2000, starring Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Nigel Planner and Peter Richardson.

It's available as a box set of DVD's, hope it's the one you're looking for!

Cheers,
    Jumpin'

Mar 5, 2009, 01:07 AM

Thanks for your reply Jumpin'

However, unfortunately this is not the one.

This film has a large plane with hostesses etc. The film that I'm looking for has a small plane (about an eight-seater or so).

Thanks anyway

Mar 5, 2009, 02:46 AM

That is the one (I think), after they arrive on large plane, to get to the conference they would have to take a 15 hour coach journey through the desert, so instead they hire a cessna type plance and a pilot who's not a pilot (mechanic as you said)

Here's a link:

YouTube - The Comic Strip: Four Men In A Plane (Part 4)

If it's still not the one then I'm stumped!

Mar 5, 2009, 12:18 PM

Thank you Jumpin

It sounds as if you are right

I actually missed the beginning of the film, so would have been unaware of the larger plane.

I'll certainly have a look at this, as it was a journey through a desert in the smaller plane.

Regards

Mar 5, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Yes Jumpin, it is the one.

Thank you so, so, much for your help. :)

Regards

Mar 5, 2009, 05:43 PM

No problem Robin, you might want to check out some of the other 'Comic Strip Presents' films, all of similar nature, as a teenager I found them very funny!

Enjoy
    Jumpin'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

British comedy movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for the name of a british comedy movie shown on Star TV a long time back. I don't recollect that well but I guess it had Road in its title name I don't recollect much, remember it was a helth resort that a couple come too and then they meet up with new people. The wife gets...

British movie, Scottish soldier in British Army hoapital [ 1 Answers ]

Several years ago, perhaps 45 or 50, there was a movie about a Scot in a British Army hospital. He was disliked, but in some manner touched everyone. He died and soldiers who disliked him were sad. I barely remember any more. It seems the Scot soldier was played by an up and coming british actor.

80's Movie Need the name its Comedy [ 1 Answers ]

This is driving me nuts! For those of you over 30, you may know this one. The name or something to do with, "I'm up the River" or something close. It's a comedy about teams of river rafters racing up the river on a vacation and there is a seen with the big guy saying over and over "erwin, erwin,...

Comedy Movie [ 2 Answers ]

This was a comedy in the late 80's possible early 90's it involved a man or caveman that was living in a college clock or bell tower. A guy began teaching him how to talk and dress. And also I remember him talking about how he loved a vacuum cleaner to one of the professors but I am not to sure....

View more questions Search