Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassanba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 01:26 PM
    TV Toshiba has sound but no picture
    I have a TV with the properties written below:TVC TOSHIBA 3373 DG CODE 697635 .Today when I turned on my TV, I had the sound but instead of showing the image, there is just a bright horizontal line in the middle, and all the rest of monitor is black.I wanted to know what's the problem of my TV and if is it economic to repair it.thank you for responding my question.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Feb 17, 2009, 12:44 AM

You've lost your vertical deflection. Probably a shorted output transistor, or maybe an open-circuit output transformer. Could instead be any of dozens of other component faults, though less likely.

Should be a reasonably straightforward repair for a TV technician. Being a big (expensive?) set, it's probably worth having repaired.

Daniel
    mainly Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 08:06 PM
    No picture replace rear projetion lamp laptopforless.com you'll need your make and model

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba TV has sound but no picture [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 yr old Toshiba 32 inch rear projection flat screen TV. Worked fine last night but today it has not picture, the sound works, I can change channels and hear the sound change, tried showing a DVD and still no picture. Tried the MENU option and still nothing shows on the screen.

Sound but no Picture on Toshiba ZP38 series Television [ 1 Answers ]

Well here goes - the last couple of days the following has been happening Turn on tele and there is sound but the screen displays a myriad of colours that change shape continually and then shortly after the picture appears - this has progressively gotten worse over the last couple of days. Now...

View more questions Search