Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony J Posts: 90, Reputation: 4

Jul 10, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Reciprocal handgun laws
    Does anyone know of a credible site that posts reciprocal handgun states for valid permit carriers from Indiana? I am asking because I want to be in accordance with the law while travelling from Indiana on vacation this summer. The Indiana State Police have been less than helpful with this question.

Thanks!
    Tony J Posts: 90, Reputation: 4

Jul 10, 2007, 10:04 AM
    I found one! This covers all 50 states as of January 2007. I hope this might help anyone else that needs this information.

NRA-ILA :: Issues
    turkeyhunter Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Tony, I certainly hope you are a member of NRA. Our gun rights are in serious danger and gun owners need to stand united.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 07:46 AM

Go to a gun shop and ask, be 100% sure. They will provide you with the Section of the Law, you print it out and carry it with you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by turkeyhunter View Post
    Tony, I certainly hope you are a member of NRA. Our gun rights are in serious danger and gun owners need to stand united.

This is a legal board for legal advice. This should be moved to a discussion thread.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 07:50 AM
    This all depends on which states you will be traveling to and through. Each state has their own laws and they do not always honor the permits from other states.

<moved to Other Member Discussions>
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Oh, yeah, and this post was from July 2007, therefore, it is duly closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Smith & Wessen Handgun [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away and left me a Smith & Wessen pearl handled handgun. I do not know anything about guns, but would like to know more about this one. It looks like a german style with no hammer. On the top of the barrel it has "Smith & Wessen Springfield, Mass U.S.A. Pat'd May 11 80, Oct 2 83...

Handgun Possession Law [ 20 Answers ]

My wife bought a gun (shotgun) for personal protection and protecting her livestock from being killed by predators. I am an ex-convict from some stupid stunts 35 years ago, can I get in trouble from her having this in our home? She also wants a 22 Hornet, both are single shot.

Reciprocal Income Tax Agreement [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the state of New Jersey but work in Philadelphia, PA. My W-2 form shows that NJ State Income tax, NJ SUI and PA SUI were deducted from my payroll this year. I don't believe this is correct. I did have the local income tax withheld. I questioned the bookkeeper and she feels that she is...

View more questions Search