Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbalina Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Feb 16, 2009, 07:35 AM
    The Tribulation
    Does anyone really know when the end of the world is coming? Does anybody know what's going to happen? Is it really going to be like the 'Left Behind' movie?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 07:37 AM

To your 3 questions:

1. No,
    2. No,
    3. Maybe, maybe not. Those details are not clear from Scripture or Tradition.

Feb 16, 2009, 07:38 AM

Well do you know what comes first? I mean I know there's going to be ww3 but aren't we in that now?
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 09:37 AM

The first thing that is going to happen is the rapture of the Church... then the revealing of the Antichrist and him signing a 7 year peace treaty with Israel. There is NOTHING that needs to happen.. the stage is set and it could happen any time.

It will NOT be just like the left behind series... that was fun to read but it was fiction. There were things in left behind that was not biblically correct... such as knowing, hearing and even preaching the gospel but being left behind and still having a chance for salvation. The Bible is clear, if you have heard the gospel and rejected it... you get no second chance.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    The first thing that is gonna happen is the rapture of the Church...then the revealing of the Antichrist and him signing a 7 year peace treaty with Israel. .
    The above is one of many interpretations of Scripture.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 12:14 PM

Really like the Left Behind series? Probably not. But scriptures are pretty clear about what will happen during the tribulation.
    There will be many many people that thought they were Christians who will be left during the tribulation period. There will be many who will repent and most likely loose their life to the antichrist during this time. Some will make it to the end. But I personally would not want to place my life on that bet. If you have more questions, there are many teachers (preachers0 who have studied the end times prophesies and have reams of good information. Many will chime in and try sand tell you it is not true, but you need to find teachings on the subject for yourself. If you have questions about who has good teachings, please send me a PM. I really don't want to get slammed by certain religions again.

Feb 17, 2009, 05:50 AM

But I thought you got a second chance cause I was watching this program a while back that said that if you didn't make it the first time then you could the second... where exactly does it say in the Bible that you don't get another chance? I heard that when that day comes and the 'Mark' comes to play, then the people who accept Christ (after the Rapture) would go to Heaven to be with God
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 05:56 AM

Might you be speaking of 1 Corinthians 3: 13-15?

Sorry to use a word you may not like, but this is one of the Scriptural references behind the idea of what we call Purgatory.

Scripture does not speak of "chances".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 05:59 AM

To follow up, bibically no, it is clear no one will know when it comes.
    But then Jan 1 2000 was a big pick, ( oops missed that one didn't they)
    The new date is 12/12/2012 that many have picked, guess it is as good of day as any.

No, there are ideas but no one will know what is going to happen.

It is a movie, good movie but nothing but.

Feb 17, 2009, 06:02 AM

I'm not catholic so no hard feelings

13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Is that it? Well I know the Bilbe isn't all fun and games but that's harsh... I always thought and believed that if you didn't make it the first time then you could have a chance for the second one... well that just changes everything
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 08:13 AM

Do you really want to try and live through the tribulation? While there are many that will not make the taking away of God's church signaling the start of the end, few will make it through the seven years of pure hell here on earth. And fewer still will accept Jesus as their Lord and savior because of the lies and deceit, and yes the persecution during this time. Personally I want to be ready to go when God calls his church home.
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 08:52 AM

No doubt. Who in their right mind would want to live through those 7 years?

Regardless of what we want, though, there is a plan that we don't know the details of.

The rapture may be pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation or post tribulation... or none of the above. The bottom line is just don't know for sure.

... so all we can do is be sure that we are ready today.

Feb 17, 2009, 09:05 AM

I'll be ready thanks! :)
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 09:21 AM

;)
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 17, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalina View Post
    im not catholic so no hard feelings

13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

is that it? well i know the Bilbe aint all fun and games but thats harsh...i always thought and believed that if u didnt make it the first time then u could have a chance for the second one...well that just changes everything
    The scripture here should be understood to apply to saved people of all ages, not just the last one. What is said to be judged here are men's WORKS, not whether they will go to Heaven or not. It plainly says that some will be saved, but everything they worked for in this life will be burnt up because it was not built according to God's will and plan. Whatever you do, make it as to the Lord, for His glory. Lead people to Jesus and those works will endure for ever.
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2009, 10:40 AM
    No one can know when will exactly be the end. But we know is that we are living in the End Times. Only God The Father, knows when... Apocalypse cannot be described properly in films. It's far more than what you can see. Btw, I've watched all the three Left Behind movies:D

Feb 18, 2009, 05:44 AM

I also heard that the Rapture won't happen until everybody had the chance
    And Shelesh, somewhere in the New Testament it mentions somethinig about powerful machines and guns... is that true? Because back when the Bible was written I don't think any of that stuff was there... so its going to heppen any day now
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Here some links... am sure you'll find them very interesting:

YouTube - Rapture (Signs) You MUST See This!

YouTube - The Rapture Left Behind Coming of Christ

YouTube - The Rapture Horror

To be able to download from you tube, download YouTube downloader software first.. (There are also other software you can use)
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2009, 07:25 AM

Haha, sorry to interject a levity... but where's the link to Debbie Harry's Rapture?

... sorry :( , 'tis the 80s guy coming out in me :)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalina View Post
    i also heard that the Rapture won't happen until everybody had the chance
    and Shelesh, somewhere in the New Testament it mentions somethinig about powerful machines and guns...is that true?! Because back when the Bible was written i dont think any of that stuff was there...so its gonna heppen any day now
    The rapture won't happen until the last person to be in the Church gets saved. As far as machine guns go... NO it is NOT true. John in Revelation wrote of future events and he tried to explain things he had NEVER seen before . It would be difficult to live in that time and see future helicopters, nuclear bombs, gun, trucks, cars... he had nothing to compare it to to his day. He describes things the best he could... for instance he says (paraphrasing) that there were giant locus with a mans head that would sting a man and that sting would last 5 months. Now you can take that literally or some think it could be a helicopter... so he didn't mention anything any type of machinery but tried to compare it to what he already KNEW to describe things.

I have said it before and although RickJ thinks end times can be interrupted defiantly... I don't. I think the bible is crystal clear when you study ALL the scripture.. both nt and out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search