Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnsweetie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 04:42 AM
    Must he adopt his own child
    Looking for information on Tn. Law when a man is married to one woman and is having a baby with another woman, must he adopt his own child
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2006, 06:04 AM
    The biological parent has no need to adopt a child. They should be listed on the birth certificate. If they weren't they may need to get the birth certitifcate amended.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 09:16 PM
    No he can be listed on the birth certificate or if the mother does not list him, have a paternity test to prove he is the father.

It is not possible to adopt your own child.

You may be married and sadly have children with a dozen different women you are still the father of each. And will have to pay child support
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2006, 09:01 PM
    No, he does not have to adopt his own child. If his wife wants to raise the child as hers then she's the one who would have to do the adopting, provided of course that the mother consents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adopt my wife's child no father on birthcertificate [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married since Sep 2000 and were living togeather in March of the same year. She has 2 children by two different fathers. The oldest one's father is in the picture and active in her life. The youngest 8 yrs old now, has never seen her birth father and has lived with me since...

Crazy woman tries to adopt my cat! [ 13 Answers ]

I don’t know if anyone can help me. It’s a weird situation that seems clear one moment and gray the next. I have a cat I’ve had for about four years. She’s very cute, very smart and very affectionate. I built her a kitty door and she’s indoor outdoor. All the people in the complex want to pet...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Rescue And Adopt A Dog Or Cat! Don't Buy One! [ 16 Answers ]

quote: originally posted by labman puppies are a lot of work. Often i try to convince people to adopt an older dog instead of buying a puppy. I see many questions, here and elsewhere, from people who would have been better off not buying a puppy. bravo labman! I agree with you 100%. I...

Looking to adopt... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Interested in finding information regarding domestic and international adoptions in Massachusetts. Do anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Thanks, Remodel

View more questions Search