Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Are you really aware of what they put into the Stimulus Package?
    According to the Canadian Free Press:

Dem's Use “Stimulus” as Cover for More Gun Control

Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

Dem’s Use “Stimulus” as Cover for More Gun Control

By CCRKBA Friday, February 13, 2009

Dear Concerned Citizen,

The liberals are at it again. In a new bill introduced the first day of the present session of Congress, and with zero coverage from the MSM, H.R. 45 (Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009) targets all gun owners in the U.S.A. While the media the world and everyone else is focused on the “phony plan” to spend tax dollars legislation is sneeking through the House and Senate for more gun control.

This nefarious bill seeks to strip us all of our Constitutional Rights to possess and bear firearms of any distinction. It requires, within the first two years, that all new guns be registered. The bill goes retroactive after two years. Meaning that two years after the passage of the bill, ALL FIREARMS in a citizen’s possession must be registered, not just those purchased after the bill passes, and this apparently applies to antique firearms as well.

Every five years the firearm owner must go through a complete renewal process for each weapon owned. Failure to comply carries stiff penalties including confiscation of the firearms and jail time (penalties as high as ten years imprisonment in some cases). The bill also authorizes government searches without warrant, the creation of a federal bureaucracy to monitor firearm possession, etc.

The following is a summary of the bill as provided by the Congressional Research Service. If you read the whole bill, you’ll find it will effectively preclude the ownership of any firearms by law-abiding people unless directly licensed by the Attorney General :

1/6/2009--Introduced. Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits:

Transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions;
    Licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act;
    Failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours;
    Failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days;
    Keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
    Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to:
    Establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse;
    Conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and
    Collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer. Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

No wonder they didn't want anyone to read the Stimulus Package in it's entirety or someone would have surely noticed this little gem being stuck in at the last possible moment. (like they did). Obama didn't write the Stimulus Package - Pelosi did with Emanual's help. Emanuel wanted to take guns out of the hands of Americans. Now he has succeeded with absolutely NO debate whatsoever!!

What ELSE did they sneak into this Stimulus Package that we are unaware of?

The best part is it's going to be signed in Denver, Colorado on February 17th. Denver has been designated the new World Capital of the New World Order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 03:29 PM

And we are surprised ? Weakening the rights of the public and making them dependent on government aid is a age old method of control of the popuation, it has been done time and time again throughout history
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 07:48 PM

I read it as firearms will need to be registered and owners must have a licence.. No? How is that stripping you of your right to have a gun? You have to get a licence to drive a car but your not complaining about that?
    If you do the right thing how is this such a problem?
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 08:01 PM

Forced registration leads to confiscation. So how hard is that to understand?

Pretty soon we'll be just like you Aussies with no gun ownership allowed. Guess you shoot the burglars with jelly beans.

Or look at the Brits. Now they want their guns back. Too late for them.

Driving a car is NOT like gun ownership. Sorry that was more than a stretch on your part.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 09:28 PM

I don't know anyone who's been burgled and wished they had a gun to shoot the thief. In fact, the burglars don't have guns. In fact I hardly know anyone at all who's been robbed. Suppose that's why we don't wanty guns. But given the gun culture over there I can understand why you feel you need a gun. Im glad to say we don't feel like that down here.

But I still ask how does registration lead to confiscation if you abide by the law and meet these requirements? So sorry, yes, it is a little hard for me to understand. Please explain.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Are you really aware of what they put into the Stimulus Package?
    Hello twinkie:

I don't think ANY emergency legislation works.

I WOULD support a Constitutional amendment, however, requiring EVERY legislator to read EVERY word of EVERY bill that comes up for a vote.

excon
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 10:28 AM

The following is the statement from the NRA website:

Rumors and the Economic Stimulus Bill

Friday, February 13, 2009

We have been hearing many rumors, and receiving many inquiries, about "buried" provisions in the federal economic stimulus bill that would negatively affect our Second Amendment rights. People have claimed the bill would designate interstate highways as national parks, or impose ammunition encoding and new ammunition taxes. Fortunately, and contrary to what you may have heard, there are no provisions in this bill prohibiting firearms or ammunition anywhere, or for anyone.

The only reference in the bill to firearms is a provision authorizing funds for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' (BATFE) "Project Gunrunner," which is a program that enforces existing laws to reduce smuggling of firearms from the United States to Mexico. This program imposes no new restrictions on gun owners, and if it did, we can assure you we would take swift action.

Needless to say, NRA, as a single-issue organization, takes no position on the economic stimulus legislation as a whole.

For more information and to view the legislation yourself, you can visit ReadTheStimulus.org. The site features a convenient search function and covers every version of the legislation.

Copyright 2009, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
    This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
    Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    I dont know anyone who's been burgled and wished they had a gun to shoot the thief. In fact, the burglars dont have guns. In fact i hardly know anyone at all who's been robbed. Suppose thats why we dont wanty guns. But given the gun culture over there i can understand why you feel you need a gun. Im glad to say we dont feel like that down here.

But I still ask how does registration lead to confiscation if you abide by the law and meet these requirements?? So sorry, yes, it is a little hard for me to understand. Please explain.
    Australia has a population of approximately 21 million people. America has a population of approximately 300 million. Huge difference.

Obviously you do not know the American Constitution very well.

You already put in another post awhile ago that you'll take your country just the way it is. Great. Stay there.

Forced registration simply informs the government of where the guns are located hastening the confiscation of same. This is just the start of taking the guns out of the hands of Americans. Sure the criminals will still have guns, as I am sure they still do in your country. But this will definitely halt the law abiding citizens from gun ownership. There will be no hunting with guns allowed, only trapping of animals like they do now in Canada.

I hope America does not just roll over and play dead on this (but knowing most people would rather watch the Super Bowl or American Idol and all the other trash on TV, I'm sure they will just ignore this most important American right).
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 12:29 PM

There has been laws on the books for years and years that a prospective buyer must submit to a background check before purchase. This is nothing new.
    Like EC mentioned I would support legislation that before any bill was voted on that every member of congress must read and understand all of that bill. This is nothing more than a pork bill passed by a bunch of lazy lawyers to pay back their friends for getting their guy elected to office.
    I mean 30 million to protect a mouse in madam speakers district? Untold millions more for organizations like acorn. Do the legislators really think we are that stupid? It is time we take back control of our country. Vote out of office every one of these fools that voted for this pork bill and replace them with people of integrity.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 03:27 PM

As smearcase posted even the NRA say this is all a load of rubbish! So no need to worry twinkie. Your semi automatic isn't going anywhere!
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    there has been laws on the books for years and years that a prospective buyer must submit to a background check before purchase. This is nothing new.
    Like EC mentioned I would support legislation that before any bill was voted on that every member of congress must read and understand all of that bill. This is nothing more than a pork bill passed by a bunch of lazy lawyers to pay back their friends for getting their guy elected to office.
    I mean 30 million to protect a mouse in madam speakers district? Untold millions more for organizations like acorn. Do the legislators really think we are that stupid? It is time we take back control of our country. Vote out of office every one of these fools that voted for this pork bill and replace them with people of integrity.
    This would preclude a private person from purchasing a gun from another private person.

I totally agree that the lazy morons of Washington DC must be compelled to read any legislation prior to passage. Maybe we should fine then for not reading this?

Madam Pelosi is the most arrogant SOB I've ever read about. Most of the people of SF are nuts, she's proved to be "just one of the boys" that's for sure. America could have spent that $20 million on something other than the salt marsh mouse, but try and tell that to someone who is probably clinically insane.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 06:22 PM
    As smearcase posted even the NRA say this is all a load of rubbish!! So no need to worry twinkie. Your semi automatic isnt going anywhere!!
    No, I don't own a gun, let alone a semi automatic. I do have a Sherman Tank on my 2009 Xmas want list. Hint, hint.

I understand that you Aussies have a new crime wave going on down there about your "toilet tax" problem. I understand the new crime wave is now that entire families break into a home so that the whole family can take a dump and let the other guy pay for it!

Psssst, hey Skell, get your jelly bean shooter ready to defend your toilet from unwelcome dumpers.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 08:27 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words...
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    No, I don't own a gun, let alone a semi automatic. I do have a Sherman Tank on my 2009 Xmas want list. Hint, hint.

I understand that you Aussies have a new crime wave going on down there about your "toilet tax" problem. I understand the new crime wave is now that entire families break into a home so that the whole family can take a dump and let the other guy pay for it!

Psssst, hey Skell, get your jelly bean shooter ready to defend your toilet from unwelcome dumpers.
    No need. We just crap in the street down here. Didn't you know that?

Speaking of , the dribble coming out of your mouth dooter about "toilet tax" is utter nonsense and was the brainchild of a couple of uni lecturers. Need I say more. Stick to the topic twinkie.

Next you'll be taking aim at my name again...
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 06:33 PM
    No need. We just crap in the street down here. Didn't you know that?

Speaking of , the dribble coming out of your mouth dooter about "toilet tax" is utter nonsense and was the brainchild of a couple of uni lecturers. Need i say more. Stick to the topic twinkie.

Next you'll be taking aim at my name again....
    Geesh, you took seriously what I meant as a joke about the toilet tax. Can't you lighten up and laugh? I read some lady's comment on the net who lived in Perth about the breaking into the homes to take a dump and just about fell off my chair laughing. You have no sense of humor whatsoever.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 07:35 PM

Sorry doodle but it can be very hard to 'see' humour on a computer monitor. Unless you actually add a "LOL" or a :) it is hard to tell if someone is joking. Especially when it is one of your posts. Given some of your most recent ones who knows if your joking or serious. If they all happen to be jokes then it explains a lot and ill certainly have a good laugh with you at my expense. No probs. If there not all jokes though, ill still laugh. But ill be laughing at you as opposed to with you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing jointly and stimulus package [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I am on H1B visa and my wife is on H4 and so she does NOT have SSN , but just TIN number that I use to file taxes.. If I file jointly with her , am I eligible for the stimulus package from the gov.. for the last stimulus that Bush has approved , I did not get since I was told that until my...

Now that the Stimulus Package has passed [ 17 Answers ]

So, now that the Stimulus Package has passed and is waiting to be signed on Monday, what do you think will happen? Do you feel that any of this money is going to trickle down to the people and ease some of the unemployment creating any jobs at all? Do you feel that the roads will be...

Should Congress Pass the Stimulus Package? [ 16 Answers ]

Will the stimulus package help us or hurt us? Unemployment rates are climbing at a frightening rate. How do we get our economy back on track?

Wage earner has SSN but spouse has ITIN.Stimulus or No Stimulus? [ 1 Answers ]

According to eligablity requirements from the IRS, I as the wage earner who has a valid SSN and 5 children also whm have a valid SSN should be eligible for a Stimulus Payment. However, I filed "Married Joint" and my husband who has only an ITIN was on my return as the secondary. I have only been...

Option: Relocation Package or Bonus Package - What is Better? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been offered a lump sum relocation package or it can also be a lump sum bonus package. I live in FL and will by moving to NYC. What would be the best offer to take with the least in taxes?

View more questions Search