Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Jurisiction of courts in case of online purchases
    I reside in chennai(formerly Madras) in Tamilnadu state, India. I had purchased a sony ericcson mobile online from an online Trading firm. The supplier was located in a different state (Mumbai (formerlyBombay) in Maharashtra, India). Now the mobile had developed series of problems and the supplier had neither rectified the defects nor replaced the mobile. Now I want to proceed with arbitration in the consumer courts. With which courts the jurisdiction lies to adjudicate the above case? Whether in the cousumer courts located at Chennai(Madras) in Tamil Nadu state or at the Consumer courts located at Bombay(Mumbai) in Mharastra state considering the fact the sales transaction were done online?

Check out some similar questions!

Courts Side? [ 3 Answers ]

Good Afternoon, I am looking more for someone to calm my nerves. I am very anxious. I have a court appt Wednesday to evict my tenants. They moved in July and signed a years lease, they never paid me the security deposit. Nor did they switch the utilities to their name, which I said was fine as long...

Visitation rights without the courts? [ 6 Answers ]

My ex and I split up 8 months ago and for six months she would let me see our three children whenever I wanted overnight or just for the day. Recently I started dating again. I told her that I had found someone and that I was happy now she's telling me that I can't see my kids. That her lawyer says...

Change of courts. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change la county courts to kern county courts, I got custody of my kids 9months ago and I feel that la court are not being fair to my kids. They keep giving visitaion to their mother when our kids are afraid to still be around her,I've have been residing in kern county for over 2 years.

Courts in the US Constitution [ 1 Answers ]

Where, in the Constitution, are the courts created (be specific-two places)?

Lower courts [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out the history of a case that went to the US Supreme court. I'd like to locate the where the initial case was filed and be able to trace it up to the US Supreme Court. I'm look specifically for Reno v. ACLU. Is there a website (besides FindLaw.com) that could provide this...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.