Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tailgator95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 04:41 PM
    My Whirlpool Dryer is over heating
    It has a weird smell where the heat blows into the dryer It is getting extremely hot I have replaced the thermostat and 2 other thing but it still is over heating what could be the problem.:(
    popatim Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Poor ventilation could cause this. Disconnect the vent line and clean it out. Dry a load with it disconnected and see if still too hot. If not then reconnect the vent and check the airflow on the outside of the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dryer Keeps Shutting Off [ 11 Answers ]

My electric Whirlpool dryer is 4 years old, model # GEQ9858JQ0. The dryer shuts off intermittently, running for a minute or more at times. Starts right back up when turned back on. Sometimes it'll shut off 5 times in a row then run for the whole 45 minutes when turned back on again. I thought...

New Whirlpool Dryer Problem [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchase a new Whirlpool washer and dryer. 1. Upon delivery the dryer wouldn’t start at all. I checked the outlet and dryer connection with a volt meter and both showed 220v so the delivery person said it was a bad dryer and took it back. 2. Upon the next delivery the dryer ran for...

Whirlpool Dryer Shuts Off [ 12 Answers ]

Why is the dryer shutting off after about 5 minutes? There is no lint, it is vented correctly, can see heat exhausting... what gives:(

Whirlpool Dryer won't turn on [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool dryer (model #LGR7646EQ2) that got a tennis show caught in between the drum and the door. I heard the shoe thumping, then the dryer stopped. I removed the tennis shoe, but the dryer won't start back up. I can turn the drum by hand, but the start button won't turn it on. ...

Whirlpool Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped spinning, the motor still runs, and it still heats up. I would like to try and figure out what is wrong with it. The model number is #LER7646DQ0.

View more questions Search