Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Refrigerator runs on and off
    I have an RCA side by side fridge. It runs for an 1 to 1.5 hours shuts down and starts up after 30 minutes or so with out opening the doors . There is no leaks that that I can find. Just replaced the circulation fan inside.Still runs a lot.
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Aug 15, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Your fridge may still have a very slow coolant leak that you can't detect. You may need someone to come out and check for you. Other possible causes - are you sure the light is turning off when the door is closed? 40W of heat inside could contribute. Also - make _very_ sure that the door is closing and sealing properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

You have answered this question for several models. Can you tell me how to inspect, clean whatever the freezer drain on magic chef refrigerator model # cbt2123AR Thanks.

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a haier refigerator that the fan don't work model #is HTE10WNAWW. SERIAL# IS K2001000326. IS THAT A SOMETHING I COULD DO MYSELF OR HIRED A PRO. THANKS

Refrigerator [ 9 Answers ]

Is there a way to degrade/destroy a refrigerator to the point of replacement without any truly visible signs of sabotage? I know this sounds crazy, but I need a new refrigerator from the landlord.

Refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

What actually happens to a refrigerator if it is laid on its side or back ? Is that a myth or does it ruin it?

View more questions Search