Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jewing214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 09:20 AM
    10 HP Craftsman not starting
    I have a 1985 10hp craftsman lawn tractor that will not start. We have cleaned the carb, bowl, fuel filter, plug etc. If you put fuel directly into the carb, it will start and run until it has burned off that fuel It will not pull fuel through the carb though. Any suggestions?
    Bronica Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
    Have You Tried The Fuel Pump To See.. Is Pumping Fuel? Its Either That Or The Fuel Tank Filter,its Gravity Fed. Take Fuel Line Off At Carb Make Sure That Fuel Is Comeing Out If So Then The Float JeT Is Stuck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Late '80's vintage 18HP, 44" rider. Been running like a champ until recently. Started running very rough a couple of weeks ago. Had to choke all the way to keep in running. Decided to start with new spark plugs to rectify. Now I don't get any spark. Turns over just fine. Amp meter on dash...

Craftsman Eager-1 carbs [ 3 Answers ]

My mower was having trouble staying running. The guy that gave it to me said that it sat for about four years. He had it worked on by some one and they got it to run but it still wasn't right.After he gave to me I removed the carb, cleaned all the guk out. Now I am ready to remount it. Problem is...

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

Craftsman 917.256524 [ 1 Answers ]

I was just given a lawn tractor- the previous owner says the drive starter is shot. Is this a common problem and how do I replace it?

Craftsman mower will not turn over [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 16 hp ridding mower model # 917-270670. All I hear is a clicking when I try to start the mower have replaced the battery and starter still will not start. Please anyone with any help I wouls appericated it. Thanks Mike

View more questions Search