Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffhopper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 07:09 AM
    Stole a CD
    I was caught steeling a CD from Best Buy it was 13.99 I gave them the CD back and they still pressed charges! Now I haved to go to court what is going to happen now!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 14, 2009, 12:34 PM

It doesn't matter that you gave it back, you still stole it... so of course they are going to press charges. What state do you live in? How old are you? Do you have any previous charges of the like?
    jeffhopper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 03:46 PM
    I'm 27 years old and I live in Florida!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 12:00 AM

Then they know that you know better. If I'm not mistaking anything less than $300 is a misdemeanor. Do you have previous history of this type of behavior?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 07:41 AM

Probably a stern warning, possibly a fine, banned from the chain forever. Next time - jail.

As Chiuhuahua said - also depends on past history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom stole my money. [ 5 Answers ]

To make a long story short, My dad passed away in 06' a month before I was to graduate high school. He was a well known in TX, and the first black fireman in this city.My mother taugt esl/kindergarden for 30 years. Both retired when I was in the 6th grade. About a month after his death, my...

Roommate whole stole [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I were away for a few days over the weekend. Our roommate called to tell us that a "friend" of his stayed the night and stole a Playstation 3 ($400) and a game ($60) from our house. Later when we returned we found that a gift certificate and a card containing a $100 bill were also...

Stole 19,000 [ 15 Answers ]

A little over a year ago my dad stole 19,000 dollars of mine but can technically keep it because my parents put it in a mutual account for me in there name. He does not want to give it back at all and I've tried lots of things to get it back and its making my life stressful, is there anything I...

What to do if you stole from an Employer? [ 15 Answers ]

Today I was caught stealing money over a course of two months in transactions I have never been in trouble before or stole from my employer before this and only ever had than a speeding ticket. The only reason I can think that I did it was for the money. I never stole anything in my life except for...

I stole from a store [ 1 Answers ]

One of my good friends works at a small accessories store (im from ontario canada) and 3 times I have gone and picked out things in which she has just bagged them and I haven't paid for them... I recently discovered that there may be a camera in the corner of the store, would I get in trouble? And...

View more questions Search