Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KariAndersen Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Aug 15, 2006, 09:07 AM
    More ideas for candle crafts?
    I have a candle business and we make some pretty cool candle crafts like votive roses and scented animals but I would love some more ideas. Any ideas are appreciated!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2006, 12:38 PM
    I love the candles that look like they have fruit in them... like this:

... and when I looked at Yankee Candle's site to get that pic, I noticed some other cool stuff they do that I've not seen, like this and this.

... just a thought or three ;)
    KariAndersen Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Aug 15, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Thanks, rickj! Those are really cute ideas! I will have to look for some cute little molds and melt down the wax and create my own creations!! I never thought to do that! Thanks again!
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Aug 15, 2006, 12:51 PM
    When I did candles I also did ceramics. I found great boxes with lids. All different sizes and shapes, some with designs on top, some without and you could put decals on them. Then when the candle burns out, you have a small jewlry box. They sold like hot cakes. You can order them off the net quite cheap.
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2006, 06:37 PM
    Carving candles are cool my ex once had this one that was a carved light house. I think if you could do like the above a jewelrybox candle but have like secret treasures in side... those are cool sort of a grabbag candle. Also great for like 13 year olds or what not. You could try making like angles, fairies dragons and such those are always cool the scupted ones. I think if you could come up with a way to make one looked antiqued or like a book would be cool . I once saw a show about this gir who made coffee candles
    It'd be neat one lthat smells like coke in the shape of an old fashioned coke bottle... or candle paintings? Let me know if you need some more ideas :P pr like bable bottle chaped candles for like newexpecing bothers would be curte.
    Shivangi Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 02:40 AM
    Try working with different textures and embedding objects esp in gel candles. I made an aromatic candle by taking strips of cinnamon and sticking them to the candle with a little wax, I tried mashed herbs too and they give off a heavenly aroma.

You can also make an ice ream candle by taking those tall ice cream glasses (coloured or plain) and fill them up with different coloured wax and applying wax froth on the top with a small wax cherry or decoration of your choice. To make the froth just beat the hot wax like eggs and you'll see the froth, skim it and apply with a knife.

Hope that helps.

Happy creating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need your ideas [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering what your ideas are of what a normal, healthy relationship is? What are the "rules" when arguing or just dealing with each other? What is absolutely off-limits? Thank you so much for any input you might offer.:)

Any ideas? [ 21 Answers ]

OK guys, so I am just wondering on your opinions. OK, I had my period on the 11ths. Lasted 5-7 days. On sunday(the 28th) I had a small amount of bleeding. (just enough to get on my underwear. Thought I was started my period, and rushed home from church. Surprised me, because I had only had my...

Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend that just broke up with her boyfriend a three weeks ago and she is usually sad and doesn't want to do anything besides being in her house and by herself, she was with her boyfrined for a year and one month. The only thing is that her ex boyfriend send my friend a valentine's day...

Any ideas? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents have split up and my 8yr old brother seems to be rebelling towards my mum. He won't do as he told by her. The minute I ask him to he does it without argument. I guess my little bro is angry at my mum and maybe balmes her in some way?? He gets so upset and I have no idea what is...

View more questions Search