Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatso Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Feb 14, 2009, 12:23 AM
    Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting
    Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting. Help, please identify.

Name:  Signature A.jpg
Views: 10577
Size:  77.0 KB

Name:  Signature B.jpg
Views: 3029
Size:  47.9 KB
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2009, 02:15 AM
    Hi, fatso!

I did re-work things here so that your best two images of the signature are in your original question. There was no need to post so many images on two threads.

Although I greatly appreciate good art, I did also need to remove the image of the whole painting that you posted, because it was a bit too risqué for this site which has a lot of children participating on it.

So that others know, the image of the whole painting was one of a nude woman, lying down on a bed, in a very provocative and suggestive pose.

Below, is an image of the signature that I've enhanced, enlarged and straightened up, so that we might get a better look at it.

Name:  Signature - Use.jpg
Views: 3047
Size:  176.6 KB
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2009, 02:19 AM

Concerning the signature - what I see is Elasmayer, Elasmayn or something like those.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2009, 03:15 AM
    sorry about posting the whole image ,,, i had no idea ....
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2009, 03:23 AM

That's okay fatso, you didn't know.

It would be nice if we could just post art that is really good here without any sort of censorship. But, that's just not the case on this site. It would be okay on other sites where just art is the subject of the entire site.

We will try to find for you, the artist and information about the artist. We don't guarantee results, but we can try!

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2009, 03:42 AM
    Thank you sir .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Avante Studios and/or Artist Signature - Oil Painting [ 8 Answers ]

This oil painting endorsed on the back as Avante Studios, Inc. is a mystery to me. From what I know, my parents acquired it in the 60s, and as you see, the subject matter definitely embodies the owl craze of the era. Can anyone help identify the studio, artist, or value? Any information is...

Unknown painting, difficult signature to read [ 7 Answers ]

Hello-- I have a painting that was bought in Germany around the 1940s, and I can't identify the artist. Can anybody help? I'll attach a photo of the painting along with the signature-- Thank you for any help you can give me! I'd just like to know the name of the artist--we've had it so...

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting [ 7 Answers ]

I received this Large oil painting from my parents estate. I believe they acquired it in the 50's or 60's (not sure) I've tried searching the artists name, but not sure if I am reading it correctly. R.B.Rchards. I would like more information on the artist and subject. No manifest at all.

Unknown signature on canvas [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have what looks like an oriental beach painting not watercolor around 15 years old with what looks like ( sron or srom ) in the bottom left of the canvas? I have tried to find the artist but with no luck , any ideas? Many Thanks

Unidentified signature on painting [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have an oil painting with a signature I can't read. I don't know how to add a picture. It would be great if someone knew who this artist is. Any help with a source to search signatures ( free ) or help with how to atach a photo would be appreciated, Thanks, Diane

View more questions Search