Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill Durham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 08:49 AM
    200 amp pedestall
    I am installing a 200 amp pedestal that will feed a manufactured home, the house has a 200 amp box. The 200 amp pedestal is about 150 from the pedestal home. My question is what size wire do I need to use from the pedestal to the manufactured home?
    Bronica Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Id Refer You To The Electrical Dept At Home Depot! They Have A Chart That Will Answer Your Question.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2006, 04:23 PM
    #4/0 Aluminum URD cable is typical for this size service and distance. This type of cable is rated to be direct buried,usually in a trench 30 inch deep with 6 inch of sand below the cable and 6 inch of sand on top of the cable, then backfill with the natural material up to grade level.Also need a warning tape above the cable 6 - 12 inch below grade.

Assuming the main breaker is at the meter, then 4 wire cable is needed.

URD (Undergound Residential Distribution)cable, will consist of two black #4/0 wires for the hots,one #2/0 for the neutral and a #4 for the equipment ground.

Any section of the cable's path under pavement will require a conduit sleeve under the paved area, usually 3 inch PVC Sch 40 or DB conduit.
    Stoner Electric inc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Hello my name is Derek from stoner electric INC you asking what size wire.. well it would be a 4awt 4 wire if you have any more you are not in the range for voltage drop so you don't need any other size? s you can reach me at my email address [email protected] thanks and have a nice day..
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
    I would use 3/0 copper. Not sure where in Florida you live, but in our county, aluminum not allowed, Salt air and corrosion. If aluminum is allowed. Use No-Ox type product
    For connections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search