Ask
    Rahema Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Dvd disk
    DVD+ and DVD- disks are they the same?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 11:53 PM

Here is a simple answer - if you Google question, there are more detailed descriptions

DVD-R
    Pioneer developed the format. This format is also supported by Panasonic, Toshiba, Apple Computer, Hitachi, NEC, Pioneer, Samsung and Sharp. DVD-R is used for most home DVD players and movies. DVD-R format is best for copying data.

DVD+R
    The + format is supported by Sony, Philips, HP, Dell, Ricoh, Yamaha and other manufacturers. This format is a little faster and a bit more expensive, best for movies really.

BUT... Nearly all modern drives and home players are capable of using both formats. Pioneer developed the -R format but all of their drives can read & burn +R.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Mobile disk? [ 1 Answers ]

I have this mobile disk it's a usb 2.0 and it's a 4gb. I have instructions for installing the disk but I don't understand them. And I need help on how to get it goes so I can start saving things on it. Can anyone help??

Disk key [ 4 Answers ]

I need a disk key for prince of persia the two thrones can any one help?

Hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

BIOS detects the hard disk and but in hard disk configuration I did not see the cylindar and Track and Sector are there. Will send me the suggestion to repair my hard disk. Deep

View more questions Search