Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomreva Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 03:24 PM
    12V power
    Why does the 12V power from the battery shut off when the battery still has 13V? The only thing I can think of is that the contact in the converter is bad or heats up and opens. The 12V coming out of the converter is fine when 120V is applied.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2009, 04:05 PM

Could shut off due to over current.
    Who is the Manufacturer and Model Number?
    Can you put a DC Amprobe or Current test to verify not overloading?
    There are "Load Shed" circuits that disconnects when voltage drops to a preset level to save the battery and low voltage going to equipment.
    tomreva Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Could shut off due to over current.
    Who is the Manufacturer and Model Number?
    Can you put a DC Amprobe or Current test to verify not overloading?
    There are "Load Shed" circuits that disconnects when voltage drops to a preset level to save the battery and low voltage going to equipment.
    I'd have to check the make and model. It's in a 1979 Komfort travel trailer and the converter looks to be about the same age. I don't know why it would be overloaded as I haven't added any additional electrical items and it doesn't appear the previous owner did either.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2009, 04:53 PM

Try removing all fuses and install 1 by 1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Chevy Tahoe Passenger Power Windows and Both Power Seats not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. The passenger side windows stopped working and both passenger and driver power seats stopped working. All of this happened at the same time. I saw this same problem posted by another user back in January but I didn't see a clear answer. Does anybody know how to fix...

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

92-92 civic no power to the fuel pump and no power or spark to the distributor [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 92-95 civic si. I am not getting any power to the fuel pump and no spark to the distributor. I have check all my sensors and have replaced the distributor. Checked the continuity to the distributor and all checks out good. I also have checked all grounds and all checked out all so....

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

View more questions Search