essexbird Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 07:25 AM
    Stomach crunches
    How do u do stomach crunches
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2006, 07:31 AM
    From here:

* You can do hundreds of these and still not feel it if you don't do it right. Do them slowly, tensing the stomach throughout for best results.
    * Lie on your back and lift your shoulders off the ground, moving your ribs towards your hips - not too far, just keep it so you can feel your stomach working - and hold it for two seconds. Keep your head still, hands resting lightly on either side, but don't use them to pull yourself up - it is cheating and could strain your neck.
    * Leg variations (getting progressively harder): Keep your legs bent and feet on the ground; keep your legs bent and feet in the air; have your legs straight out in front of you; or have your legs straight out in front of you and move them up and down in time with your torso.
    * Arm variations (in ascending pain order): Across the chest; resting lightly on the sides of the head; or straight out above your head.
    * Further variations: Rotate torso and lift the knees alternately so that each elbow (with hands resting on the head) touches the opposite knee; or you could try holding weights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach [ 2 Answers ]

Good day! I have a problem with my stomach I believe.Its like every time I drink up or eat something I get this moving weird feeling in my stomach.In that very moment I can not breath properly. It especially occurs when I get excited.. Has anyone got idea what tha might be?

Pain in the stomach [ 3 Answers ]

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have this horrible pain under my left rib in the pitt of my stomach. It gets worst when I lay down. I had pelvic and abdominal MRI, two abdominal ultrasounds, CT scan, endoscopy, Barrium enema of the intestines and nothing came up, gallbladder, pancreas and...

Stomach aches [ 1 Answers ]

My 10 year old son has been complaining of a stomach ache. It started in the upper right area and moved to lower right and now this morning when he got up, it seems more central. He has complained before this on several occasions but it just went away. It has been a constant pain which gets...

Stomach problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Im 41 years old. I had surgery 2 months ago for fibroid cysts. I also suffer with fibromyalgia. 4 days ago, I woke up feeling nauseus. I vomited and it was watery and acrid. I was okay the rest of the day except feeling little queazy. I have not had much of an appetite. I feel full, so...

Stomach Problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have been getting an upset stomach for several years, but the catch is it only comes at night when Im lying down, next day Im up and fine just to do it all over again the next night. What is this?:(

View more questions Search