Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxsoubixx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 10:49 AM
    On ssi and no health coverage
    I need some answers my mom is on ssi and has no insurance and she suffers from chronic back pain. I need to know where I can go that will help with getting her persriptions filled and health coverage?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 11:14 AM

If she is on SSI, wouldn't she be eligible for medicaid?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 11:19 AM

And on SSI should she not be able to get the medicare. Also for those on it, they are eligible for a suppliment, from most major companies.
    Mutal of Omaha is one of the best in my opinion, others United Health care, American National and more

I get this for people in Ga all the time.

Also places like Kroger and Walmart have 4 and 5 dollar prescriptions for many
    sunny1ib Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxsoubixx View Post
    i need some answers my mom is on ssi and has no insurance and she suffers from chronic back pain. i need to know where i can go that will help with getting her persriptions filled and health coverage?
    Based on the info you have provided, your mother is on SSI. She should qualify for Medicaid benefits in your state. You did not mention how old your mother is, nor did you indicate her health status (e.g. disabled, applied for Social Security disability) and it is difficult to give you some ideas on what is available to her.

I concur with a few of the other posts here, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sam's Club, Costco, Target, supermarket chains have a very good discount and/or generic programs. Until it is determined if your mother is eligible for state or federal aid, these are the least expensive places to fill prescription medications (generics are the most cost effective). Some places like Costco mayl not fill Type II narcotic pain meds (oxycontin) so it is advisable to check with the places BEFORE you go. Unfortunately, prescription medications can be compared to gas prices - they fluctuate from store to store and day to day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duo health coverage [ 1 Answers ]

I have Healthnet HMO and my wife has Pacificare HMO health insurances. My question is, when I take my Rx to the pharmacy... do I have a co-pay? When I had both Healhnet insurances, I did not have to pay a co-pay when I picked up my Rx. But when my wife's insurance changed to Pacificare, my pharmacy...

Health care coverage [ 24 Answers ]

Which country's government subsidizes through tax payer money more on health care per person ? A) Canada B) The United Kingdom C) Denmark D) The United States

Disability and health insurance coverage [ 2 Answers ]

If a person is disabled on the job and cannot work anymore, will they receive medical coverage while they are on disability?

Health insurance coverage for pets/kittens/cats [ 2 Answers ]

Does Massachusetts offer any time of additional pet insurance coverage for veterinarian appointments/vaccinations/spaying/etc.

View more questions Search