Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sinchanonly Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 11:04 PM
    Windows Service program using Java/ Javascript
    I want to write a windows service program which will run at windows startup as service. This will check a mySQL table and do some updation work when a condition satisfied. How to implement it? Pl help for some books where to find this types of programming help.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Feb 13, 2009, 12:02 PM
    There's really no special coding necessary... write the Java code as you normally would, if you have multiple classes you will want to jar them up. If you need to reference outside jar files you might want to use One-JAR. (Deliver Your Java Application in One-JAR™ !)

Microsoft has a utility that will allow you to run your application as a service. Here's a link that will help you with that: Create your own user-defined services Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 (Windows NT/2000/XP/2003) - TACKtech Corp.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Java/Windows Programming [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to see whether it is possible to interact with windows through java. I have a RMI program that is installed on several computers in a network. I want to see when a user is in the idle stage i.e. no key pressing & no mosue moving etc.. If the program is running, I think the program can...

Is VB the program used for Windows applications? [ 1 Answers ]

Is Visual Basic used currently for programming Windows applications like Excel and Word or is there a more current language(s) being used. I ask in the context of learning to program in a language that is likely to be used for some time.

Use Windows to find text in javascript? [ 5 Answers ]

I suppose this might be more of an "other software" issue than a javascript issue... so let me know if you think it should be moved... In webpages I use javascript to hide email addresses from bots. I want to search the files of the websites for these javascript uses so I can change the email...

Windows 2000 professioanl program [ 5 Answers ]

My employer just updated all of our computers at my work and gave me a PC with windows 2000 professional as the main running program. I was deleting what I thought was unneeded programs and actually deleted the program logitech that was running the keyboard and mouse. Now when the system comes up...

View more questions Search