Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 05:09 PM

Y-o-u-T-u-b-e Sneezy! Woohoo! Come on! We can't live our entire lives without ever having known what a Pisces' sneeze that falls between an orgasm and a cough is really like. I realize that you might want to protect your privacy. What about blurring out your face or imaging in one of those nice black bars over your eyes like they do on the news? Of course, it doesn't have to be that high-tech. Technically, you could just slip on a paper bag with sneeze holes cut out of it. When you do make this video, promise you'll let me know. Lol, Alty can see it too. I mean, if that's okay with you.

I remember hearing that you're in med school (or applying to med school?). Is that true? If so, have you been able to pinpoint the possible causes of your special sneeze?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:05 PM

Yep. Applying to med school. Got a few interviews coming up. Closest one is...

::drum roll::

New York, next Friday, the 13th.. . ruh roh.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:38 PM

NY! My home turf. You know, if you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere. It's up to you, New York... New York.

I've got a lot of professors and doctors in my family, and even more through family friends. There are a lot of great universities (and hospitals) in the area.

Are you already interested in a specialized field of medicine? Or are you going to take a little time before deciding what suits you best?

By the way, don't worry about the 13th. In Italy, 13 is considered a lucky number. Ironic, but true.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:54 PM

orthopedic surgery. Less people dying, more money making.

13's a lucky number in Italy... perhaps I should take a little trip.. =D
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:30 PM

Sounds like an excellent plan. I especially like the less people dying part, but they're both good. Methinks sneezy might be earning another nickname. Doc something, doctor something...
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:55 PM

The people here call me Doc Sneezy... or Doctor McSneezy. You can call me sweetie.

... wait, sorry. Went on a tangent...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 10:23 PM

Sneezykins, you are incorrigible. :rolleyes::D
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 5, 2009, 12:47 AM

It's amazing how far off topic you guys managed to move this thread. ;)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    It's amazing how far off topic you guys managed to move this thread. ;)
    I was thinking the same thing! It's gone from here to there to everywhere! ;)

Mar 5, 2009, 01:04 AM

15 pages is pretty impressive.

How do you cope when your entire image of a person is altered within 15 minutes at the walmart bread section. I went from thinking this lady I ran into I've known for a while was one the most wonderful people I've ever met, to struggling not to vomit. She is going to be a very poor backyard breeder. She too has a Great Dane, and she is going to breed it, and her lack of information is appalling. Her lack of want for information is even more appalling.

I tried to explain things to her, but it was like talking to a brick wall. For example she was adamant that large breed puppies didn't need to stay with their mothers until they were at least 8 weeks.
    "I bred schnauzer puppies before and sold them at 6 weeks and they were just fine."

She didn't know that only one shot didn't guarantee parvo immunity. She even asked if inbreeding her dog was okay! Mind you this is a dog obtained through a pet store, with no health tests to speak of. A breed of dog that already isn't known for good overall health.

*sigh* There's nothing illegal about being stupid though. There's nothing I can do but see my image of her get flushed down the toilet.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 01:41 AM

Some people just wake up and eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast Silver. It's maddening isn't it?

Lastweek, an acquaintance of mine msg'd me out of the blue, and asked if I wanted a puppy. I asked her why? She said, well we got this puppy from an ad in the paper two days ago, and my other dog doesn't like him. She said---I know you love dogs, so I just knew you would take him! Grrrrrrrr!

Of course she got him from a backyard breeder, and she didn't even know what kind of dog it was, other than it may have had black lab in it. The pup was 10 weeks old, hadn't had any shots, or even been to the vet yet of course.

I told her that she needed to get him into the vet, and give it more than 2 flippin days for her other poor dog to get used to him. She said,---"nope, he's gotta go!---my dog never liked other dogs anyway, and my dog comes first!"

Well, I just about hit the roof, I was so furious! Why buy a puppy from a backyard breeder, that has none of his shots, and bring him home to your "special dog" that hates other dogs? (according to her)---Dumba$$!

She knew that I have torn ligaments in my leg right now, and couldn't possibly take in a pup! Nor would I put Niki at risk.

The pup was dropped off at the shelter, 2 hrs. after our conversation, and she was so proud of herself, because she said she was being responsible by not "selling" it to someone else! She was also very annoyed that the shelter charged her $20 to drop him off. How dare they!

I'm still fuming!
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Mar 5, 2009, 03:19 AM

I never understood, why people do this...
    And 20$ for a shelter fee is very cheap. I mean at least at the shelter he will be loved and well taken care of. It's a good thing he is a puppy as he will have better odds of being adopted.

But like you said if she knew her dogs didn't like others then why would she get another puppy?? And to try and put the responsibility on you is crazy.

People need to start taking responsibility for their actions. And need to think about the dogs not only themselves.
    pradeep_giridhar Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 03:33 AM

Giftiana
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pradeep_giridhar View Post
    Giftiana
    Huh?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    I never understood, why people do this....
    And 20$ for a shelter fee is very cheap. I mean at least at the shelter he will be loved and well taken care of. It's a good thing he is a puppy as he will have better odds of being addopted.

But like you said if she knew her dogs didn't like others then why would she get another puppy??? And to try and put the responsability on you is crazy.

People need to start taking responsability for their actions. And need to think about the dogs not only themselves.
    I kind of disagree with that... I don't know what shelters are like where you are from but in Aus the dogs are only there for a few weeks before they are put down. It probably would have been better if she had resold the puppy in case the shelter can't find a home for it.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I kinda disagree with that... I don't know what shelters are like where you are from but in Aus the dogs are only there for a few weeks before they are put down. It probably would have been better if she had resold the puppy in case the shelter can't find a home for it.
    The puppy shouldn't have been SOLD to begin with! This is the reason that people are working so hard to fight to have backyard breeding banned, and punishable by law! We are also working to have all of the shelters be no-kill shelters. I know they also have no-kill shelters in Aus. as we have many here. I think she got off incredibly easy having to pay the mere $20 that she had to pay to drop this poor dog off with someone that would make sure it got veterinary care, and was neutered, and had up to date shots before he is able to leave the shelter. The dog had a much better chance in a shelter. Anyone that would buy a dog from the newspaper, is likely as ignorant as the person who bred their dog to begin with, to have this litter of pups. The dog would almost certainly not get vet care, and would not be neutered. In fact, that little un-neutered pup would have likely grown up to sire more litters, and then we've got thousands of other dogs that end up in the shelters once all is said and done, just from that one pup that wasn't neutered.
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Mar 5, 2009, 12:50 PM

My fiancé bought me a puppy last Valentines day. Granted we live together and are getting married in less then 10 weeks now, but that is beside the point. Marley was the best thing that had happened to me in a long time. We had to put our family dog down a couple months prior and I was heartbroken. My fiancé knew we were moving in together once our home was finished being built in March, and he also knew how sad I was without a dog. Going nearly 3/4ths of my life with a companion and then all of the sudden not have anything was miserable. So on valentines of '07, I received the dog of my dreams... a chihuahua! He was from a breeder, and in perfect health. Sometimes getting a pet as a gift is the best thing for a broken heart.

Mar 5, 2009, 01:12 PM

My fiancé bought me a puppy last Valentines day. Granted we live together and are getting married in less then 10 weeks now, but that is beside the point. Marley was the best thing that had happened to me in a long time. We had to put our family dog down a couple months prior and I was heartbroken. My fiancé knew we were moving in together once our home was finished being built in March, and he also knew how sad I was without a dog. Going nearly 3/4ths of my life with a companion and then all of the sudden not have anything was miserable. So on valentines of '07, I received the dog of my dreams... a chihuahua! He was from a breeder, and in perfect health. Sometimes getting a pet as a gift is the best thing for a broken heart.
    Yes, there is no better healer in the world then a furry friend! They are there when no on else is, they listen when no one else cares, and they never judge you. Yours is a warm story, however keep in mind that most aren't! While your relationship remained stable and strong, very few do and the dog ends up paying for it.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    Yes, there is no better healer in the world then a furry friend! They are there when no on else is, they listen when no one else cares, and they never judge you. Yours is a warm story, however keep in mind that most aren't! While your relationship remained stable and strong, very few do and the dog ends up paying for it.
    That's exactly the thing. In this situation, it may have worked out fine. In most it doesn't turn out like this. A dog is just never a good thing to give as a gift. I'm glad that this situation worked out well, and I hope it was gotten from a licensed and reputable breeder. This is all too often done on a whim, thinking it's a cute thing to do, while the two end up breaking up in the end, and the dog is left behind. It's very sad... but true!
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Mar 5, 2009, 01:35 PM

My fiancé checked out the breeder and qualifications long before he even purchased my little man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Puppy trying to go back home? Puppy Attatchment? [ 8 Answers ]

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FAAhWpUtQZk/RuRyYXJT6-I/AAAAAAAAABE/oFHBuJrtsyU/s1600-h/buddahs.jpg Photo can also be seen at buddahs.jpg (image) Above a photo of Johnny Cash (jack russell mix). Someone gave me this dog mid August when she was 2 months old. I had her from mid August till the end of...

My Baby girl Marley.(puppy) [ 1 Answers ]

My dog's name is Malrey she is My baby and I want her to be happy and healthy, but.. :( Thursday, I gave her food (as normal) before I left to go somewhere (I would be gone for a day) I came back Friday, and noticed she didn't eat her food, so I thought well, maybe she wasn't hungry because she ate...

Girl felx time to have sex look how long you make the rudeboi to sweat,girl flex [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the song that goes to this lyrics,girl flex time to have sex look how long you make the rude boy sweat girl flex

Puppy pining after death of puppy sister [ 1 Answers ]

In November I adopted two no determined breed puppies who were about 9 weeks old. Although they did not look alike, my feeling was they were siblings. WE have had several power outages in our area and despite having two gates barring my property the puppies were able to get out and sadly the...

View more questions Search