Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 04:43 PM
    If we go through foreclosure on second property, can bank go after our first home?
    We own property which we rent out, the tenants skip their payments so it becomes difficult to keep up with payments for our loan on the property. If we go through foreclosure, can the bank go after our Home where we live in??

Also, if we go through the foreclosure process, what happens with our tenants? How to inform them legally about the foreclosure, so later the wouldn't take any action against us Keep in mind the contract no longer exists between the tenants and us.

Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 04:55 PM

1. will address the second question first. Unless you are in California, you can be in foreclosure and still charge them rent. And if they don't pay evict them. But if they are not paying, the reason for you ot paying, why have they not been evicted anyway. You evict within days of being late and get new renters.

If you are in California you can not collect their rent until taken care of.

On number one, normally ( depends on terms of loan) they can come after you for the balance after the home is sold.
    They can sue for a judgement and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investment Property Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

We have an investment property that, thanks to the decline of the real estate market, is severely upside down. We do have a tenant in the property, but rent only covers 2/3 of the mortgage. After the lease is up, if we give the house back to the bank, what are the reprocussions? Can they/will...

Foreclosure of a Leased property [ 5 Answers ]

What do you do if you're the tenant in this situation.

Is it a good idea to deed property back to bank,when home is abount to go into forclo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relative facing forcloser I was wondering if it woul dbe better to deed property back to bank would it help him a s far as his credit report. Thanks

Bank repossessed mobile home on my private property [ 2 Answers ]

I have a piece of property in California that has a mobile home on it that is not owned by me. The bank recently repossessed it. Can I put a lien on it for back rent and current rent if I did not have a contract with prior owner? (mobile was on property when I purchased it) Does the bank have to...

Bank foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if a bank is able to raise your mortgage over your expected rate of pay are you aloud to forclose with out any damage to credit?

View more questions Search