Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Extending a hand to an unclenched fist .opened to accept a bribe
    Or something like that.

The Commerce Dept. has waived certain sanctions on Syria
    Commerce Department Waives Syria Sanctions - Forbes.com

This news come with a report that Stone Face Kerry will be visiting Syria next week bearing gifts .
    US Sen. Kerry to travel to Syria to meet Assad - Israel News, Ynetnews

Perhaps he and Assad will sit down over tea and reminisce about the days of razing villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan and shooting cattle and dogs ...

Expect soon that all remaining countries on the State Dept list of terror supporting nations (Cuba, Iran, Syria, and Sudan. ) will be removed .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 02:30 PM
    And meanwhile...

U.S. official says "there would be great unease" should Netanyahu "preside over a right-wing coalition" in Israel.

The UK is refusing entry into the country for Dutch filmmaker and parliamentarian Geert Wilders over his 15-minute film "anti-Islam" film.

A Dutch court ordered prosecution of Wilders for "inciting hatred and discrimination" and also "for insulting Muslim worshippers because of comparisons between Islam and Nazism."

The Organization of the Islamic Conference managed to get through a non-binding resolution "that condemns "defamation of religion," especially Islam."

The appeasers are hard at work.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Feb 12, 2009, 04:21 PM

We supported Saddam, before doing a 180 degree about face. It appears the current administration will make the effort to communicate and break with traditional Bush policy.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 03:36 AM
    Yes we did support Saddam . Big mistake in my book. Let the Dems. Own the policy that props up the Dictators ;the"realist" foreign policy .They can have it.

Greggs departure comes within a day of this news about the Commerce Dept policy change. I wonder what role this had in his decision ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2009, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Expect soon that all remaining countries on the State Dept list of terror supporting nations (Cuba, Iran, Syria, and Sudan. ) will be removed .
    Hello tom:

That's GOOD news. He's really making headway, no?

Course, you're still living in the past when the choice was GOOD or EVIL. That kind of mentality destroyed Bush, the Republican party, and your hopes for a conservative future.

It's a different playing field today.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Instead, we should just cut a deal with evil, right? Kind of like Pakistan just did with the Taliban.

Our new Secretary of State is already changing the rhetoric, she's telling the world that Christians perverted their religion just like Muslim extremists have.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 11:31 AM

That would be the same Evita who's State Dept congratulated Hugo Chavez for his being crowned President for life of Venezuela .
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 05:06 AM

Though the UK wouldn't allow Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders in the country, they're allowing a Hezbollah official in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To Accept or Not Accept a Gift [ 10 Answers ]

It's the Christmas season, so yesterday I spent the day making cookies which were then wrapped in a decorative tin that I gave to a male co-worker as a thank you for help done at work and for the occasional ride home from work. I was quite surprised when he handed me a little gift bag in return....

Terrorist fist jab! [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone had a problem with a red fist? [ 17 Answers ]

When I try to open something in a program. I will click once, it will show the hour glass next to the cursor, then a picture of a red fist appears. When that happens it won't let me load the page. It stops. Does anyone know what program would cause this red fist? And how can I get rid of it? I...

The dreaded red fist [ 2 Answers ]

I'm kind of new to this, but here goes. I use Internet Explorer 6 and when I click on certain links I get this "red fist" and I don't get routed to the linked web page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search