Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellywelly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 05:04 AM
    Husband been told he has competitive sperm
    Been trying for a baby for nearly 4 years, I am 40 and my husband is 25 he has no children and I have 2 children from a previous relationship.

We have been for tests at doctors and I was told I was fine but my husband has 92 % competitive sperm is there anything we can do to increase our chance of concieving a child.

Thank you in advance

Michelle
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Feb 13, 2009, 09:50 AM

I see very little online about "competive" sperm. Sorry... Are you 100% sure that is what the Dr. called it? Any other names?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 12:05 PM

What methods of conception are you trying, are you tracking fertile times and having sex only during those periods.
    shellywelly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 01:47 AM

The doctor just said he had competitive sperm he never really went into any detail and my doctors haven't really been that helpful.

I can't really keep track on ovulation as I am very irregular but I have cut it down to about 1 - 2weeks been overdue my periods have never been regular and about 5 years ago I had 1 missed period that lasted 6 weeks but I wasn't pregnant as soon as I did the test it came back negeative and I came on the next day

I have not taken any contraception in over 16 years and I have never fell.

My youngest son who is 18 was planned by me and after he was born I had the contaceptive injection I had about 3 jabs I think then I heard rumors that it can make you infertile so I stopped taking it
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2009, 06:40 AM

I'd check back with the doctor for a full explanation. You would need to know exactly what they are referring to. Competitive sperm usually refers to the sperm being the sort that would more easily get the job done... unless they are competing with each other and thus very few would make their way to the egg and be able to perform the of task of fertilizing the egg.
    Ring your doctor and find out what was meant by that and what, if anything, they suggest would be the next step in helping you to achieve pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I deal with the grief I feel since my husband told me he was gay? [ 10 Answers ]

My relationship with my high school sweetheart just came to an end. He announced he is gay and now I'm having a hard time dealing with this coming-out process. How do we deal with telling our 5 year old daughter? What's the best way to handle it? Given the unexpected shattering of my trust and the...

My husband told me he was atracted to men [ 30 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for 7 years and married for 1. We are high school sweethearts and now he just told me he was attracted to men. I feel stupid because everyone has always said that they thought he was gay. It has kind of been like a joke ever since high school. But he loved me and...

Staying Competitive [ 3 Answers ]

I would appreciate it if someone with a legal mind could help me with the following scenario and the questions that follow. Thank you very much. Two weeks into your new and exciting responsibilities of national sales manager, you are beginning to lose your good feelings. This change of...

Sperm tails and sperm heads [ 1 Answers ]

Why is that sperm tails are lost before the heads? Also do heads last longer than other significant proteins like p30?

View more questions Search