Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley1693 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Dogs see ghosts. Right?
    I've lived in my home since I was about 1 1/2 maybe a little older. I am now 15 and believe I see something in my house everyone in a while. I usually see it while I'm in my living room looking into the door way of my bar.
    From my couch or the loveseat, when I'm not looking directly at "The Hallway" I see a white blurr I believe is a child. For some reason I'm leaning more toward a girl. This has been going on for a while for me but just the other day I was playing ball with my dog, Ruby. She is in the beginning phases of going blind but she can still see fairly well. After I kicked the ball in the direction of "The Hallway" for no particular reason she stopped dead in her tracks (she was RUNNING) and she starred at the ceiling above "The Hallway". It gave me an odd feeling. And just the day before my dad was doing the same thing and she stopped again in the same spot but she did a trick we call "say hi" when she sticks her pawl up in the air like she's waving. Less then a second later she stood up on her hind legs with both paws in the air like she was playing. Mind you she has NEVER stood on her hind legs before, never for a treat or ANYTHING. It was very odd.

When ever I see the "blurr" it is always dark outside and none of the lights besides the living room lights are on so it is dark at "The Hallway" and before what happened with my dog happened I thought maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me. Although my dog is going blind I found it too much of a coincidence that she did it in THAT particular spot!

Opinions appreciated!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 08:16 PM

My female Jack Russell is 7 years old now. She regularly plays with our resident ghosts. She will tear up and down the house and bark like she's playing with someone. She will look at a certain part of the livingroom very intently. We know she is playing with one of the ghosts as she is generally the original couch potato. Dogs and cats can see ghosts very well. My dog also sees the spirit raccoons that come up to my back porch to eat the food that I've left for the flesh and blood raccoons. And yes, the real raccoons come up and eat and she alerts just the same as if they were spirit cooners. The only way we know they are real raccoons or spirit cooners is to actually turn the porch light on and look out the door to see if they are visible to me or my son.
    ashley1693 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    My female Jack Russell is 7 years old now. She regularly plays with our resident ghosts. She will tear up and down the house and bark like she's playing with someone. She will look at a certain part of the livingroom very intently. We know she is playing with one of the ghosts as she is generally the original couch potato. Dogs and cats can see ghosts very well. My dog also sees the spirit raccoons that come up to my back porch to eat the food that I've left for the flesh and blood raccoons. And yes, the real raccoons come up and eat and she alerts just the same as if they were spirit cooners. The only way we know they are real raccoons or spirit cooners is to actually turn the porch light on and look out the door to see if they are visible to me or my son.
    So are you saying that there actually could be a spirit in my home? How do you think I could communicate with him/her? I do own a Ouija Board, think it could work? Is it absolutely necessary that I participate with one other person? Could I do it on my own?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 12:20 PM

Do NOT use the Ouija board period to try and communicate with this spirit. I know it's tempting but please do not do this as you could "invite" a very bad spirit into your home and not really communicate with the "good" spirit that your dog now sees.

You may or may not be able to communicate with this spirit. As I said previously I have several resident ghosts in my home and also the spirit cooners who come and visit. I just enjoy my human spirits who visit me. They can be quite fun taking things and disappearing them for days on end such as screwdrivers, pocket knives, cigarettes, lighters, etc. They in turn leave me things such as odd screws, plastic boots for use in small appliances, and putting sandalwood oil on my rosary. They also like to rearrange things in my home as well.

I just sit quietly alone and speak to them like they were sitting beside me. I don't hear them speak back to me but at times I do hear one word vocalizations such as a name or one or two words. It's usually like a 2 second window they have in which to make sounds. One mornng I heard a male voice say "Lo Bert". Like it should have been "hello Bert" but came out Lo Bert. My son's name is Bert and he was sleeping in another room at the time I heard this. My son has also told me he hears a woman's voice calling him from another room. I'm usually at the other end of the house and didn't say anything to him.

Ghosts are fun, but please promise me you won't play with an Ouija board? Ok?
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Feb 12, 2009, 10:48 PM

Yes, dogs often are sensitive to such things. I know there is a folk belief that dogs with different colored eyes are particularly able to see the spirit world, but I'm not sure what folk, i.e. what cultural tradition that comes from.

I agree with twinkiedooter that ouija boards are not a great way to get in touch with this spirit. It's a matter of lack of focus, lack of control. In a recent post I suggested some guidelines of how a person can use a ouija board in a "safe" way. There are a number of steps to it. But there are also other, better ways of tuning in to the spirit world. Dreaming is one. Perhaps if you just hold the intention of having a dream about meeting this being, you will (it might not happen the first night). There are ways of learning how to enter the kind of trance shamans use, essentially a waking dream, to journey in the spirit world and encounter the various kinds of beings that live there. But that's a more involved kind of education than could be taught in this forum.
    rachelbabie09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 12:07 PM

Yes of course dogs can see ghosts, and so can cats... I have a problem similar... There is 15 ghosts in my house *I found out from using an ouija board* and if your dog stares at something for a while as if it was something there... Then of course it's a ghost... Once I found out there was a ghost sitting right next to me on the couch... JUST LEAVE IT BE! Unless it harms you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Ghosts [ 23 Answers ]

My family has lived in a house for 15 years. It has been in the family for a long time. We have a lot of strange things happen. Doors slamming, electronic devices turning off, pictures falling off walls, and a spirit that only shows herself to my children. How can I find out who it might be?

Where Do Ghosts Come From? [ 12 Answers ]

We live in this world. But we each also live in a world of our own making. That world is created from our thoughts and beliefs. If a person believes in ghosts then there is a good chance that they will, sooner or later, see a ghost. Not being able to see a ghost does not mean that they don’t...

Are there ghosts? [ 12 Answers ]

Tell if there is any tangible proof of the presence of the ghosts, spirits or so?

I think I have 2 little boy ghosts [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is brittany and I am renting a house with my sister and her boyfriend we hear things like door slamming and the bed will vibrate every night we asked the landlord if she ever heard anything and said the same thing we hear she allso said that 2 little boys died in the upstairs part of the...

Ghosts [ 43 Answers ]

Do ghosts exist? If so can you see them and how can you tell if they're in your house?

View more questions Search