Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makajo10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 11:55 AM
    Gas water heater & gas dryer
    I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help?

Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line adaptor thingy that I can buy so that it can hook directly up to the gas water heater and get the gas that way?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Unfortunately, No. The problem here is that the area where your dryer goes is only set up for an electric dryer. You'll need to sweet talk the landlord into running a gas line to it.

Aug 14, 2006, 12:00 PM
    Thank You for answering so quickly. Do you know if that will be very expensive?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2006, 12:12 PM
    You're certainly welcome.

Materials-wise, very cheap. Depending on how far the closest elbow is, probably under $25 or so... but, labor wise, anywhere from 2-5 hours.

Aug 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
    OK, Thank You very much! A least I know where to go from here! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Replacing a Heater Box on Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Our dryer has begun to snag our clothes. Apparently the metal screen panel that covers the heater box has rusted and the metal has shredded. I was told by Sears I have to replace the entire heater box, even though it does not seem to be broken. Is this something that is relatively easy to do?

Hot Water Heater [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hot Water Boiler and hot water heater that are constantly going out (pilots) They are both natural gas and use the same chimney from the basement. Any thoughts or suggestions? Sometimes wind is a factor other times it is not.

Water heater [ 6 Answers ]

I wanted to bounce something off you guys about my water heater we just replced on Saturday. After a very long day of problems trying to install this thing because we couldn't get the lines dry enough to solder on the cold supply, we were all ready to pack up and noticed the fittings where the hot...

View more questions Search