Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Itzboone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 05:10 PM
    I think a spirit tried to hurt me through my dream. And I'm too scared to sleep
    I can't tell if I was dreaming or awake because I was awake at part of this,

All I remember is I was dreaming about something random then I feel pressure at my ankles and my arms and on my face and it was pushing me down so hard and I tried to look and all I saw was a flowy part of a dark shadow and I couldn't move to help myself it was so strong and I remember trying to scream for help but it was pushing my face so hard

then I think I woke up but not sure if I was partially awake the whole time and this all happened while my house heater turnd on and its super loud and when it stopped it released. And the weird part was that the side of my face was freezing. And I couldn't move my arms for a bit and my leggs were tingling but not like they were asleep. I felt so heavey for a few minutes and couldn't move and my arms are sore

I was so scared and don't know what happened if it was through my dream and happening in real life or just real life. I'm scared to sleep

I'm 24 and have never been raped if that helps. I don't know what it is or could be and I'm actually scared.

Can someone help explain?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 10:19 PM

Hi, Itzboone!

The first thing that comes to my mind is that you might be getting physically sick, like the flu or something else.

Are you?

I would think that possibility would be one of the first things to rule out as a possible cause here.

Thanks!
    Itzboone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Itzboone!

The first thing that comes to my mind is that you might be getting physically sick, like the flu or something else.

Are you?

I would think that possibility would be one of the first things to rule out as a possible cause here.

Thanks!

Well I have been having headaches and stuffy nose. How can that give me such a real "dream" like that?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:28 PM

Hi again, Itzboone!

A lot of things can influence dreams - what we've had to eat, how are day went, how we feel about ourselves, things that we feel good or bad about, things that we might be really upset about, noises we hear while we're sleeping, being in a certain position while in bed, having an object touch us in a certain way while we're asleep because of the way we might have moved while being asleep, being in a state of semi-consciousness between being asleep and awake, being ill or becoming ill with something, etc.

Many times, I've awoken and thought that a dream was real to my awake state. In my dreams, all of my senses can be involved.

When I have a particularly vivid dream and wake up right away after having it, I'll frequently have the physical symptoms of what I was feeling in the dream. I don't think this is something that's uncommon in people.

Sometimes, I have been afraid because of what I've dreamed. But, after waking up fully and realizing that what I dreamed was just a dream and nothing more, then I'm okay.

Sometimes, it can take me a matter of hours to get over a dream that had quite an effect on me.

Thanks!
    give2me1lemons Posts: 203, Reputation: 12

Feb 12, 2009, 03:30 PM
    It sounds a little bit like sleep paralysis. I'm not really familiar with it, but my friend's boyfriend has it.

"Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. In addition, the state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[3] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations.[4]" -Wikepedia

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ^The link, if it sounds relevant.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Feb 12, 2009, 10:39 PM

There have been many posts on this site about encounters with shadow people that sound similar to what you describe--people encounter them, and feel held down or paralyzed, especially if they see them in a twilight-dream state. I have run into them a few times, and sometimes get that chilled feeling, or freezing of all my muscles, even if I'm wide awake and it's the middle of the day.

I am not sure why they seem to have that effect on people. Perhaps they aren't even doing it on purpose--they just give off that vibe. Hard to say. I do not know that they are trying to hurt us, or are particularly dangerous. One person who posted here said they scratched his/her arms and legs. Apparently they have six-fingered hands, because the scratch marks were six parallel lines. And one or two people have described being grabbed by the beings. But the grabbing may have just been to get the person's attention.

On the other hand, one person I know says she finds them friendly and playful, especially the little ones (there seem to be man sized ones and also cat or monkey sized ones). Although that person thinks they may be a kind of nature spirit, I have always had the impression they aren't from around here, that they are alien to our world.

What you experienced may not have been a shadow person encounter, but it sure sounds similar to other descriptions of such events.
    lcostello63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 05:44 PM
    You need to think back on that day before you fell sleep on what you said saw spoke too has allot to with dream...
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 10:29 PM

I would also Strongly recommend a dream catcher. They could really help. My boyfriend said his works for him.
    hodgesdodges Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Hi,some people have the ability to cross the other side when they sleep.If you are afraid then when you go to bed please ask God to surround you with the white light of the Holy Spirit.You must imagine a white light surrounding you,this will be protection when you fall asleep.
    dudud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzboone View Post
    I can't tell if I was dreaming or awake because I was awake at part of this,

All I remember is I was dreaming about something random then I feel pressure at my ankles and my arms and on my face and it was pushing me down so hard and I tried to look and all I saw was a flowy part of a dark shadow and I couldn't move to help myself it was so strong and I remember trying to scream for help but it was pushing my face so hard

then I think I woke up but not sure if I was partially awake the whole time and this all happend while my house heater turnd on and its super loud and when it stopped it released. And the weird part was that the side of my face was freezing. And I couldn't move my arms for a bit and my leggs were tingling but not like they were asleep. I felt so heavey for a few mins and couldn't move and my arms are sore

I was so scared and don't know what happend if it was through my dream and happening in real life or just real life. I'm scared to sleep

I'm 24 and have never been raped if that helps. I don't know what it is or could be and I'm actually scared.

Can someone help explain?

From the story that you have described I bet there is a spirit who might want to tell you something whether it is good or bad~ my suggestion you got to any famous Buddhist temple or church and ask for pray. An expertise monk can feel if you got "different spirit" or ask for priest to pray and bless for you~if it is still happened may be you just not healthy and really need some rest~well then good luck to you
    decarlo123 Posts: 27, Reputation: 7

Oct 14, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Are you doing something in your life that you no is not right. I think we can open ourselves up to things when we engage in things that we know we shouldn't be doing. I use to have things like that happen to me all the time. There is definitely a spirit realm around us whether we want to believe it or not. There is good and bad. I would recommend you to figure out what your doing an get it right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did I dream this horrible dream? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know whether I should've posted this under philosophy, but I couldn't find anything closer to the subject "dreams". Anyway... Last night, I had a horrible dream and I don't know why. I dreamed this tall, skinny white man was chasing me trying to kill me. My dream jumped from 3 different...

8month old has less sleep, can some one tell me how to put him to sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping as he kicks the blanket in the night and gets cold…. If I keep the AC less then he sweat and won’t get good sleep. If I keep in un tied then he starts crawling or sits in night and won't sleep for long time can some one tell me...

Scared and hurt.what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Ohkay, I had sex a couple of weeks ago. I told my dad and my dad told my mom. They were fighting over it a coupke of days ago and I really for peed off. I know I did wrong and I know that there are consequences. Me and the guy I am with have decided that we are going to wait for now...

Scared that I might hurt someone specially my son. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am quite a tempered lady, I sometime get a little violent when I am angry. violent in the sense ,I pinch or bite. Now from 1 week I am having a strange feeling like when I am angry I feel like banging that persons head to the wall. Even when he 3 yrs old son crys I get irritated & feel like...

View more questions Search