Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 12:38 PM
    Overdid the chili powder
    I need a hand here.I made chili and I bought one of those McChormic seasoning packets.I bought 1 mild chili and 1 tex mex because the store did not have the brand of chili powder I like. I think the tex mex is where I went wrong.:eek:

I have only been cooking it for the past half hour and already it is too spicy.

I have added grated cheese and sugar and it still has a bite.

I have no car to go to the store so I have to use any ingredients at hand.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Feb 11, 2009, 12:46 PM

Do you have any tomato sauce or tomato paste add more if you do
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 02:02 PM

I know this is a bit old now but sugar will take some of the heat away in sauces.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 04:36 PM

As suggestions mentioned above, could always add more meat and if going to store, double recipe and don't add any chili powder and you can freeze extra
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:58 PM

add instant potato flakes it will thicken the sauce but it works
    Or serve it over mashed potatoes.
    And possibly double the recipe as suggested above but DO NOT add ANY water or spices.
    Also if it is really bad you can add ginger spice it also cuts the spiciness but then the taste is a bit off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A good Chili Recipe? [ 20 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody had a good chili recipe they could share with me. I was going to make some tonight and I would like a really good one. Can anyone share with me and please include the steps to. Thanks!

Some good Chili! [ 1 Answers ]

A young cowboy walks into a seedy café in Western Oklahoma. He sits at the counter and notices an old cowboy with his arms folded staring blankly at a full bowl of chili. After fifteen minutes of just sitting there staring at it, the young cowboy bravely asks the old cowpoke, 'If you ain't going to...

Chili [ 5 Answers ]

What is your fave basic recipe for chili? (I always seem to think about chili around this time of year) I say basic cause I have seen recipes with chocolate !~~YUGGH Also I was getting tired of not being able to make a good pot of spaghetti for years Especially the noodles. Then a friend of...

Chili powder [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one please help me find the history of chili powder I'm supposed to right a paper for culinary and I'm having a hard time find important info on chili powder if you can help me id really really really appreciate it

Now This Is Funny... the Chili Cook Off... haha [ 2 Answers ]

If you can read this whole story without laughing then there's no hope > for you. I was crying by the end. Note: Please take time to read this > slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of > the third judge is even better. For those of you who have lived in >...

View more questions Search