Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karle Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Dizzy spells
    I am 40yrs of age and still having regular periods. But the past week I have been getting dizzy spells, and feeling light headed, like I am a bit tipsy,not too often, but often enough to notice. I have taken my blood pressure with a moniter my husband uses (so not sure accurate it is) and got a reading of 122/72. I am not sure what the reading means really?Is that high or low? Could it be the start of the menopause?? Or maybe just an inner ear infection?? I can't get to see my doctor for over a week:(
    Any advice would be great thanks:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 10:16 AM

Your blood pressure is okay. You could be experiencing premenopause. Some women start 40 or thereabouts, some start at 50. Dizzy spells, light headedness are signs of menopause but best to be checked out when you can get in to see your doctor.

By the way, there are 35 or more symptoms of menopause, but I think you will get the idea. Ask the doc for some brochures on menopause so you can make informed decisions when it comes along and you won't worry.

Ms tickle

Feb 11, 2009, 10:27 AM

Thanks Ms Tickle. I just wish it meant that I didn't have to have periods again lol :D
    I will see what the doc says.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 01:09 PM

Another possibility is a sudden change in blood pressure when you change positions. Maybe try taking your blood pressure while lying down, then sit up and take it, and again after standing up.
    Being a bit dehydrated can also cause lightheadedness... do you take in a good amount of fluids during the day? Increasing your fluids over the next several days can sometimes make a difference. Are you cutting too far back on your salt intake? Some people do thinking as little as possible is best, but you can actually have too little sodium in some cases.
    Do you notice it more when first getting up, changing position, or turning your head?
    An inner ear issue, or vertigo, is a common reason as well.

Feb 11, 2009, 03:26 PM
    I do drinka great deal of water through the day. The first time I noticed it was wheni woke a week ago I liften my head off the pillow, and I went down with a thud and the room span. I feel it most when moving but still feel light headed when sitting. I have to say throwing my head back does have a dzzy effect. I haven't reduced my salt intake in fact I love my salt lol
    I think it sounds likely an inner ear infection or such like. Will let you all know as soon as I manage to see the doc:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are home REMEDIES for anxiety and dizzy spells [ 11 Answers ]

I have dizzy spells and high anxiety. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with these?

Dizzy spells [ 8 Answers ]

My son will be 12 in August, He has been sick with a cough ,the doctor said it was allergy and sinus, he get dizzy sometimes and feel he almost is going to pass out, what could be the problem?

Forget spells [ 15 Answers ]

If I want to make my boyfriend forget something or say I want to make someone to forget something. Explain the basis on how I should do it. I need a very potent spell to help convince them that either nothing happened or something else did without harming them. Yes I'm into wicca that's why I need...

Spells to ask someone for a date [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I want an easy and effective spells through which other person ask me for a date. This is just to turn friendship into Love. Can go out and have a fun. Tks.

Dizzy Spells. [ 12 Answers ]

I am 19 and female. I have never fainted in my life, or ever felt dizzy, not even fron standing for a while, but in the past week, there have been three incidences of having dizzy spells. One was in class, I was standing but my knees weren't locked. ALl of a sudden, my teacher started spinning!...

View more questions Search