Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bracebeagler22 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 04:38 AM
    89 honda civic won't turn over
    Most of the time it starts.Is now acting up once in a while.when you push clutch to the floor you hear a click and that is all.when you keep pushing pedal to floor it will turn over eventually.Can someone please suggest what's the problem or how to fix this?
    THANK YOU!
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Aug 18, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Clutch switch might be acting up. You cannot start your honda without pussing the clutch in, right? When you push the clutch, a "clutch switch" signals the ECU that it's "ok to start the engine".

See if any floor mat or something is not allowing you to push the pedal all the way in. See if the switch itself is not standing solid in it's place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

85 Honda Civic won't turn over [ 6 Answers ]

First, my knowledge of cars is limited, so forgive me if my terminology is off. I went to start my 85 Honda Civic Hatchback yesterday, and the starter slowly puttered out (crank crank Craaank Craaaaannk... nothing). Now, when I go to start the car, Nothing happens. I can pop the clutch, and the...

Key won't turn in 95 Honda Civic [ 6 Answers ]

My steering column in forever getting locked on a 95 Civic that I bought. The person who sold it to me told me to push the key in and clockwise while jiggling the steering wheel left to right . This worked a couple of times but it is a HASSLE to start the car and I live in fear that I won't get...

84 Honda Civic won't Start? [ 3 Answers ]

I think the Battery terminals touched while I was fitting a new battery in & shorted out a fuse, but I can't find which 1 it blew, Can someone help me out here??

Honda civic engine will not turn [ 5 Answers ]

My '88 Honda civic was running when I pulled the 15 amp ecu fuse. This immediately stopped the engine. I believe I returned the fuse with the ignition key still turned. I have since been unable to start the engine-all I get is a click from the fuse box area just under the driver side dash. I have...

View more questions Search