Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delbertscott Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 04:43 AM
    Court papers
    Hi I was just wondering,, I was charged with thieft over $200 dollars and was fined $400 dollars, 29 years ago, I went to the courts and they told me my court papers was destoyed, and had a document given to me as prof,, and also have a Metis Indian Status card,, but I'm still on the police computers,, can I cross the USA border,, can any one helpout,, thanks,, Delbert Scott
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 06:30 AM
    Hello Delbert:

If you're coming from Canada, I can't imagine my government stopping your for this petty thing soooooo long ago...

But, my government isn't as nice as I would like to think they are, so I guess it's possible. The only way to find out is to try. I certainly wouldn't inform them of this in advance.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 08:14 AM

Homeland Security (Customs/Immigration) tap into the Police computers.

There is a possibility that, if they run your name, you won't be allowed to cross.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Been served state court papers in Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

I read the question, titled "Judgement Papers Served in Georgia", posted by "Claddagh" My situation is similar. As the title says, I have been served papers for state court. Details: My daughter purchased a car through the simple "retail installment contract". I had been cornered into...

Court papers destroyed [ 1 Answers ]

29 years ago I was charged with thieft over $200 and was only fined $400, I went to the courts for papper work so I can cross the border but the court told me my record was destroyed,, and I have a decument from the courts aying so,, but I'm still on the police computer, but I ask a police offecer...

Papers are signed and we are just waiting for a court date but. [ 2 Answers ]

If both parties have signed divorce papers and haven't lived with each other for 3 months can one of them still get the other for adultery? My soon to be ex husband moved his ex wife in before papers were signed and now he is trying to get me for adultery because I have friends of the opposite sex,...

Served with court papers regarding a CC debt. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My question is I live in New York and was served with court papers regarding a CC debt that I have no idea what it is I have never had a credit card with the bank that they are stating on the court papers... I know I must present myself or at least my answer but I have no idea what this is...

How to find contractor to serve court papers in Michigan [ 10 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I have been in a dispute with this roofing contractor for two years now. I really regret not taking him to court when I knew where he lived. He has since moved. I reported him to the state for bad workmanship. They don't seem to have trouble sending him mail at his new address. I filed...

View more questions Search