Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shawndria Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 02:58 AM
    A lien on a workers comp case...
    If the father of a 13 year old boy receives workers comp and doesn't pay Child Support, there is a lien against his case but how long until I receive any asst from him?
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Aug 15, 2006, 02:46 AM
    As soon has his case is settled.
    If he is getting monthly cheecks he should be paying monthly.
    If he is going to get a lump sum payment then you should get yours as soon as he does.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2006, 09:25 PM
    A withholding order for the child support due should be placed on his workers' comp payments. You should then receive these payments promptly.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 17, 2006, 10:05 PM
    Experince with this one: Associates' father of her little girl is receiving social security... the amount of child support was based on his monthy payments... the child receives her support payments... no lien... workers comp support payments are based on the amount of workers comp there should be no lien just notice of payments/deduction to the department of child protective services or what ever agenies that are available... in the state you reside in... how long... just until the paper work is done usually when in three months from the date you asked for assistence...
    Shawndria Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 12:42 AM
    Thanks for your info but do you know any thing about a lien not getting anything once the case has settled?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Co-Workers? [ 16 Answers ]

All right easy question... Asking out people you work with, rules, thoughts? I go to different locals all the time as a Tech, but I have a few select girls I'd like to ask out, but what are the rules? How forward should one be about it? In a less formal situation I got it down but when...

Hooking up a AMp to a comp... [ 4 Answers ]

I have heard nothing about hooking up a amp to a computer... I have pulled the ittle computer amp out of the computer... so how would I hook up an amp and subs to it... or just subs?

Help: a laywer placed a lien on us with a case of mistaken identity [ 12 Answers ]

Help. A lawyer placed a lien against us by mistake. He mistook my wife to be another person (identical name) who lost a judgment in California Superior court. The judgment's original + interest is in 6 figure numbers. I found out when I received a notice of renewal of judgment via mail. ...

Who is right? My accountant or my co-workers? [ 3 Answers ]

I presently live in a tax free state (NH). My primary office is in MA (has state taxes). My position requires that sometimes I must travel out of MA for 1 to several days during any calendar year. I also have been very recently approved to work from home (NH) 3 days each week. When filing my...

What to do if two co workers are spreading lies about you? [ 6 Answers ]

I have never used this web site before and Im at my witts end. I work as a hairdresser in a small shop and two out of five co-workers are telling my boss that Im doing things Im just not doing. One of them is telling my boss that she is physically scared of me and that I threatened the other one...

View more questions Search