Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khan132 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 04:12 AM
    Dissertation proposal
    Dear sir/madam

I am a university student and I really need some advice and guidelines on the title I could do my disseration on and the subject area that I have decided to look at is human resources but I do not know what to do it on. If you could help me with giving me a few titles where I could find variety of information for that subject title that would be a great help.

Thank you
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:32 AM

If you're working on your PhD. Then you really shouldn't be going to an internet site to come up with a dissertation topic. This is something you need to take up with your advisor (or likely committee chair) and any other faculty members you think you might ask to sit on your committee. Whatever topic you choose is one that you're going to have to live with for quite some time. Talk it over with faculty and find out what sorts of things they'd be interested in supervising. It's a lot of work for them, so you'd be best served by finding something that interests both you and them. (If you want to bounce rough ideas off someone, talk to other grad students in your field.) Read sholarly literature in your area of interest (you should have been doing this all along--if you haven't been, then you're behind and need to catch up FAST). This should go along way toward helping you define and refine a topic.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 08:45 AM

[QUOTE] * Demographics – the characteristics of a population/workforce, for example, age, gender or social class. This type of trend may have an effect in relation to pension offerings, insurance packages etc.
    * Diversity – the variation within the population/workplace. Changes in society now mean that a larger proportion of organizations are made up of "baby-boomers" or older employees in comparison to thirty years ago. Traditional advocates of "workplace diversity" simply advocate an employee base that is a mirror reflection of the make-up of society insofar as race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
    * Skills and qualifications – as industries move from manual to a more managerial professions so does the need for more highly skilled graduates. If the market is "tight" (i.e. not enough staff for the jobs), employers will have to compete for employees by offering financial rewards, community investment, etc.

In regard to how individuals respond to the changes in a labour market the following should be understood:

* Geographical spread – how far is the job from the individual? The distance to travel to work should be in line with the pay offered by the organization and the transportation and infrastructure of the area will also be an influencing factor in deciding who will apply for a post.
    * Occupational structure – the norms and values of the different careers within an organization. Mahoney 1989 developed 3 different types of occupational structure namely craft (loyalty to the profession), organization career (promotion through the firm) and unstructured (lower/unskilled workers who work when needed).
    * Generational difference –different age categories of employees have certain characteristics, for example their behavior and their expectations of the organization.

While recruitment methods are wide and varied, it is important that the job is described correctly and that any personal specifications are stated. Job recruitment methods can be through job centres, employment agencies/consultants, headhunting, and local/national newspapers. It is important that the correct media is chosen to ensure an appropriate response to the advertised post.

Human Resources Development is a framework for the expansion of human capital within an organization. Human Resources Development is a combination of Training and Education that ensures the continual improvement and growth of both the individual and the organisation. Adam Smith states,“The capacities of individuals depended on their access to education”.Kelly D, 2001[1]Human Resources Development is the medium that drives the process between training and learning. Human Resources Development is not a defined object, but a series of organised processes, “with a specific learning objective” (Nadler,1984)[2] Human Resources Development is the structure that allows for individual development, potentially satisfying the organisation's goals. The development of the individual will benefit both the individual and the organisation. The Human Resources Development framework views employees, as an asset to the enterprise whose value will be enhanced by development, “Its primary focus is on growth and employee development…it emphasises developing individual potential and skills” (Elwood, olton and Trott 1996)[3] Human Resources Development can be in-room group training, tertiary or vocational courses or mentoring and coaching by senior employees with the aim for a desired outcome that will develop the individual's performance. A successful Human Resources Development program will prepare the individual to undertake a higher level of work, “organised learning over a given period, to provide the possibility of performance change” (Nadler 1984). Human Resources Development is the framework that focuses on the organisations competencies at the first stage, training, and then developing the employee, through education, to satisfy the organisations long-term needs and the individuals' career goals and employee value to their present and future employers. Human Resources Development can be defined simply as developing the most important section of any business its human resource by, “attaining or upgrading the skills and attitudes of employees at all levels in order to maximise the effectiveness of the enterprise” (Kelly 2001)[4]. The people within an organization are its human resource. Human Resources Development from a business perspective is not entirely focused on the individual's growth and development, “development occurs to enhance the organization's value, not solely for individual improvement. Individual education and development is a tool and a means to an end, not the end goal itself”. (Elwood F. Holton II, James W. Trott Jr)[5].

Human resources - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Adamgallaba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 04:20 AM
    Dear Sir,
    I need to select a smart PhD title on Performance Management Systen in My Company(PDOC) experience versus employees expectations.
    Please advise.
    Regards
    Dr.Adam M Ibrahim
    Khartoum
    Sudan
    [email protected]
    Adamgallaba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 04:21 AM
    Dear Sir,
    I need to select a smart PhD title on Performance Management Systen in My Company(PDOC) experience versus employees expectations.
    Please advise.
    Regards
    Dr.Adam M Ibrahim
    Khartoum
    Sudan
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about dissertation [ 1 Answers ]

I am supposed to come up with a dessertation question by feb.2 and am wondering if there are any suggestions.am doing, Msc. International human resource management(development studies)

HR Dissertation [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone recommend dissertation topics for HR

Guidelines to write a proposal for a Dissertation [ 1 Answers ]

How do I start to write my dissertation? I am so lost with no help. Cn you please help me. Thank you.

Proposal [ 1 Answers ]

How to write a software development proposal ? Examples will be helpful Thank you

View more questions Search