Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    child4ever Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Which plants survive in areas with only fair sun and good soil?(ga)
    Hey guys I have never had a garden, but I recently pulled up all these old ugly bushes to discover a lot of good soil. I wanted to start a nice colorful flower bed, but I can't find a site where I can figure out what plants are most likely to survive in this area. Any suggestions on some colorful flowers that would be good for my new flower bed?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 02:57 AM

First question, what part of the world do you live in ?
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Feb 11, 2009, 09:14 PM

I'm assuming you're from Georgia since you typed GA next to your question. If I'm wrong then I appologize.

If the sun that the area DOES get is not hot afternoon sun then impatiens would do nicely. Impatiens enjoy relative shade but they wilt in hot sun. Also they come in almost any color you could possibly want and also include double blooms.

If you're looking for something that has almost a tropical look to it, but will do well in those conditions, a New Guinea Impatien is just the ticket. They always reminded me of something you might see in a tropical rainforest--beautiful. They tolerate a tad bit more sun than regular impatiens, but they will still wilt in a heart beat if they are placed in hot afternoon sun

Other plants that do well in sun/shade conditions are begonias, ageratum, lobelia (which has a small but gorgeous blue flower not purble but true blue), and torenia
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 09:24 PM

Hi, child4ever!

What do you mean by "fair sun", please?

Also, as has already been mentioned, we do need to know for sure as to where your located.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to even out my skin- Is Fair and Flawless good? [ 17 Answers ]

I am new to the site. I am black and I am looking to even out my skin tone on my body. My face is OK, but my body has different colors throughout. My backside is darker than the front, knees and elbows are much darker than the surrounding area, and chest area is very light in some parts and other...

Can yukka plants survive outdoors in a you.k. Climate. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a yukka that is approx 4 ft high and well established. It is getting too big for the house and I was wondering if it would survive outdoors in it's large pot in the English climate? Thanks Richard.

Fashion fair cream:bad or good [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there,am Anthony and am from Nigeria,my question is this: is the Fashion Fair Cream good for skin? does it bleach?

What can be a good Title for this science fair project? [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I need help in finding a good title for my science fair project the topic is Do your hand gestures indicate your personality type? Please help... :( :( please help I need the title by tomorrow please... if anyone has a idea at least write that down so I can at least come up with one...

View more questions Search