Ask
    webjeff2002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 07:54 PM
    I found that MagicFeatures works well with blocking incoming calls they a 7
    Day trail period.
    http://tinyurl.com/8hylrfg
    DrBigfoot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 09:12 PM
    I solved the MagicJack call blocking 100% successfully, 100% successfully! I "exported" my existing MJ number to GoogleVoice, an outstanding free service, which solved this and five other problems, and then forwarded the same number on GV now back to MJ. All my friends and business associate don't even realize that I changed my path. I still use MJ for the basic service, but the intelligence is with Google. (Unfortunately, I had to firs port the number to a Cell carrier temporarily because Google can't import land-line numbers.

However, if you don't mind having a new number, then it's a lot easier, much MUCH easier, you can start and finish tonight by creating your GV account, forwarding the new and different GV number to your existing MJ number, and then just tell all your friends (Facebook?) that you have a new number, and give them the GV number, not MJ number.

Good Luck!
    DrBigfoot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 10:34 PM
    I solved the MagicJack call blocking 100% successfully, 100% successfully! I "exported" my existing MJ number to GoogleVoice, an outstanding free service by Google, and then forwarded the same number on GV now back to MJ. This switch solved this and five other problems. All my friends and business associates don't even realize that I changed my path. I still use MJ for the basic underline service, but the intelligence is completely with Google. (Unfortunately, I had to first temporarily port the number carefully to a Cell carrier because Google can't import land-line numbers, only cell numbers.) We couldn't publicly lose our existing MJ number, we have too much "invested" in this number.

However, if you don't mind having a new number, then it's a lot easier, much MUCH easier, you can start and finish tonight by creating a new GV account, forwarding the new-and-different GV number to your existing MJ number, keep you existing MJ number, and then just tell all your friends (Facebook?) that you have a new phone number, and give them the GV number, not the MJ number. Note, your existing MJ number is still active, but should be kept "under the hood" (poor blocking, etc.). Old friends might continue to use it initially.

Google software is currently superior by far than MagicJack software, and the gap will continue to increase.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magic Jack [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of Magic Jack? Or is there anyone who has used it and what's your opinion? If I wanted to call Iraq do I have to send one to them also? Or is it that I just have to buy one and fix it to my comp and start calling anywhere in the world? Please help me if anyone knows about this...

Magic jack [ 1 Answers ]

I can send a fax but not recive one With magic jack

Difference between concrete block and cinder block [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?

View more questions Search