Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    REDQU33N Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Stress management for a F/22 college student
    Hello Ask Me Helpdesk.

I am in hope that someone might be able to send me in the right direction with this question...

I am a severely stressed person, have been my whole life. I'm constantly worried and feel near burnt-out, but I never just QUIT. I get horrible test anxiety, I lock up when put on the spot, talking to someone in-person for the first time scares me to no end. YET, I am surprisingly out-going.

I have high expectations for myself at school, work, and life in general. But my priorities are more than likely skewed from what they should be. I think about my work first.. My art, my school.. I even put other people before watching what I eat or think about how my actions are effecting my body.

I know stress isn't a good thing, and I spent the first 14 or so years of my life in and out of pills and counseling.. It's not something I want to get back into.

My wonderful boss told me about how meditating can help me, and I will get into that-- But I was curious if you had other suggestions that could help me on my journey to a more peaceful life?

Thank-you
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:43 AM

Stress is how you react to your life. Feeling some stress is normal... like just before final exams.

Otherwise, if you have stress in your relationships, you may not be your authentic self... you may be putting on an act. This is very stressful.

I would say time to go to a therapist and tackle this issue so you can love yourself for who you really are.

Then, so long lots of stress, hello happiness. :)

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exemption for college student [ 3 Answers ]

I need HELP over here! https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-law/should-we-claim-our-college-student-our-income-taxes-308334.html

Stress in college [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm writing a 5 paragraph paper on stress during student college life, and I am to explain and discuss coping strategies and provide helpful examples as I go for each type of the 5 stresses that I chose. Will you please help me edit this? All of us dealing with college life also must...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

How to well in college being a new student [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new student at a junior college taking 4 classes. How do you study for them? Do I just study each class a little a day, or what? I am confused with How I will get all A's. It's a little overwhelming. Thanks

View more questions Search