Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tray09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 10:51 AM
    What are advantage and disadvantage in having a union?
    What are advantage and disadvantage in having a union?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 11:49 AM

Don't know much about this but here's what I do know.

Advantages: Higher wages, group is united, can't be fired easily, and better work conditions.

Disadvantages: If you go against the union you can loose your job, depending on the field.
    Used to be if you went against the union you might mysteriously disappear, but that was a long time ago and times have changed :-) Among other things

(The higher wages can also be a disadvantage to the company in question, it makes them have to pay people certain wages even if all there doing is screwing on toothpase caps. So people who can't do anything else but that get paid an outragous amount for doing something ridiculus.)

If you look there are a million other answers to this question on this site.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tray09 View Post
    what are advantage and disadvantage in having a union?

If this is homework - and it certainly appears to be - the legal boards do not do homework. If you would like to post what your research shows, someone will be happy to read it and discuss it with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantage and disadvantage [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing an assignment on unions. What are some advantages of being in a union? And What are some disadvantages of being in a union?

Advantage & disadvantage of labor union [ 1 Answers ]

Advantage & disadvantage of labor union

Advantage/disadvantage of trade unions [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know much about Unions and I would like to know the advantage/disadvantage of unions in the point of view of employer and also as an employee. Thanks

View more questions Search