Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrHirp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Dog poops when alone
    We have a 4 year old pointer mix, had her about a year. Normally we keep her in a kennel when we leave the house. A few times we didn't and twice she has gotten out of the kennel, and she always pees and poops. She never does this when we're home, and we are sure to let her out every morning before we leave. Admittedly, we don't get her enough exercise.

But what can we do, so that we can start leaving her out all day without coming home to a mess every day?

Thanks.
    jeepgrl015 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 10:00 AM

Well I have 2 black labradors who are 2 years old now. When they were pups I refused to crate them because of the long hours I and my ex worked. Well, our apt paid dearly for it. Along with the mess,torn couch,blinds etc, there was ALWAYS poop and pee.

Try this: When you get home and you see that she has pooped or peed, take her and put her nose as close as you can get and sternly say "NO". Also, I would definitely try to make her poop and pee before you leave the house... that REALLY helped me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pudding poops [ 10 Answers ]

My GSD pup heidi is now 4 1/2 months old and she has pudding poops. We took her to the vet and he has taken a couple samples of her stool and nothing shows up as being wrong so he gave me metronidazole to give her at 250mg 3x a day. My questions are is this safe? Does the dosage seem right? (Heidi...

Poops bad [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 58 day old Shih tzu, he is having a problem pooping , he goes just it seems like he is not done. At times blood come at the end of his job. Took him to the vet and he was OK at check up . Does anyone know what it could be.

My puppy poops out of spite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 19 week old Shih-Poo and she poops on my bedroom carpet every single morning! I have trained her to go potty on her pads. She has 1 in the master bathroom and one in the kitchen. Every morning when my alarm goes off, I find poop on the carpet! I don't get why she's doing it. She...

My Cav pees and poops [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 yr old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who is the most adorable. He is potty trained though not completely reliable. He won't mess on my main level however he will go to the basement and do his job. For the most part he goes to the door and sits down or scratches the door to be let...

Dashie poops on bed [ 2 Answers ]

I have two dashies.aged 2 and 1. Both are housebroken and we rarely have accidents. BUT if I leave my bedroom open my youngest will poop on the bed! Without fail (its a futon by the way 4cm off the floor). Nowhere else does this ever happen. And (I know its bad but... ) they sleep with me as hubby...

View more questions Search