Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Recording a DVD from TV program
    I have a DVD VHS combo player and recorder. I frequently record DVDs of programs I watch on TV and they play back just fine. However, if I try to play the same DVD on another machine it is not recognized. Am I missing some trick or is there some format issue I do not understand? Thanks
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Feb 10, 2009, 09:22 AM

It could be designed into your player. It was probably required so people don't make copies of shows and sell or distribute
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 09:52 AM

Some dvds have to be finalized on the dvd recorder you recorded the show on. On mine, finalize is accessed through setup. That is supposed to make the recorded dvd compatible with other players.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD Recording [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to produce individual DVD's of talented children in sport with movement images of their training but also with an inspiring song in the background to match. I have a sony cam and I have just worked out how to only burn the filmed images with the filmed sound by using a DVD Recorder...

Recording [ 1 Answers ]

How do you record wages and employer payroll taxes separately on journal entries

Cd recording [ 1 Answers ]

If I connect one of the new crop of dvd recorders to my stereo system, would I be able to make myself audio discs from my LP's?

View more questions Search