Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swetashah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Dependent on H4, need to know if we should wait till ITIN?
    Hi,
    My husband is on H1b and I am on H4, we are planning to file for our tax return for 2008.We live in Connecticut, manchester.
    All I want to know is:
    1. If we apply for w7 we might get it in 6-8 weeks , so is it necessary to wait till that time? What if the deadline of 15th April will pass then?

2. We have approached a professional for tax returns and he says that you can file w7 form and get your returns before the ITIN . According to him it's a saperate process for federal tax .
    So we are confused as should we wait till the ITIN or not?

3.My husband is unable to get the 1099 form from the bank for his tax return filing, so is it mandetary to get that form?

We are filling tax here for the first time so we will be very thankful to get the information about these topics mentioned above.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 10:23 AM

If you file W7 separately, it will be rejected.

You will attach W7 (ITIN application) with your tax return.

You can download it from the bank's web site. Or you can get final figure from bank statements.
    Read about H1-B tax filing: Your U.S. Tax Return: The U.S. Visas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ITIN rejected for dependent [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am staying in the US on J-1 visa since 2005 onwards, so I assume am a resident alien for the tax purposes. Last year, 2007 my son joined with me and he was dependent for at least 9 months. He came to the US on J-2 visa status. So, I had applied for ITIN for my son and along with 2007...

2 year old with dental issues. Have them pulled or wait till they fall out? [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 year old recently went to the dentist and they noticed he had 2 cavities in his two middle upper teeth. I believe its from drinking his bottle (that he no longer drinks from anymore thank goodness.. but now I'm working on breaking him from the passafire... fun fun!) :D So anyway they filed the...

Do I need to apply for ITIN for dependent ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am having L1B visa and my spouse and kids are on L2 visa. I am having my SSN. I work in NY and stay in NJ. Do I need to get ITIN for spouse and Kid for federal and state Tax both ? If Yes, When can I apply for ITIN for dependent?I will really appreciate, If any one can brief me about...

ITIN for L2 dependent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have couple of question on Dependent filling, please help me in understanding. 1. I came to US on March'07. My spouse and kid joined me on May'07. My wife & kid will be staying for 6 month and then leaving back to India. Can I change my W4 status to Married and get the tax benefits on...

ITIN for my Dependent Wife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US for the first time on Auguest 28th 2006. I am on L1 visa and I have my wife and Child along with me. For IRS tax filing for 2006 , what is my status --Resideint Alien or Non Resident Alien ? Do we (me and wife) need to file Jointly? If yes while filing online , its...

View more questions Search