Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelle79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 09:33 AM
    Washing machine draining into sink!
    When I run my waher, the kitchen sink fills up with soapy water! It does not overflow but almost! My washer is obviously not draining correctly! Please help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 13, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chelle79
    when i run my waher, the kitchen sink fills up with soapy water!! it does not overflow but almost!! my washer is obviously not draining correctly!! please help!!
    You have a partial blockage downstream from the sink. The solution is to snake out the kitchen sink vent from the roof. Put out enough cable to reach the base and about 25 feet more. Afterwards flush out the line by cycling the washer. Good luck, Tom
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jan 30, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Why are all of these old questions still here??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine draining into kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I know it may seem like this question has been covered a zillion times but here we go again... I live in a block of flats, only 10 storeys high and I live in the penthouse suite (NOT!) - on top floor basically. Just acquired a new Hoover VisionHD washing machine which has been...

Washing machine discharge goes into sink [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a raised ranch. The toilet and shower are backed up to the laundry room. The sink and the washer use the same discharge pipe. When the washer drains, the water backflows into the sink and out onto the bathroom floor. The plumber has been here twice and installed a vent in the pipe but it...

Laundry tub; washing machine sink [ 3 Answers ]

The sink in which the tubing from our washing machine is clogged. It has been for days. What can I use to unclog it. I've been unable to do any laundry, since the water continues to back up. I'd prefer to use something environmentally friendly, and something that will prevent the sink from...

Washing Machine backiong up into utility sink [ 6 Answers ]

:( Hi there! When we bought our house 3 years ago, I noticed that the sink would fill up with water when ever our washing machine drained... I just thought it was normal. :p But now I guess the clog has gotten so bad that yesterday when I did laundry the sink over flowed! :eek: The sink has...

Kitchen Sink Gurgles with Shower or Washing Machine Use [ 2 Answers ]

A plumber who came by to unclog a sink told the tenant that it was the septic (the house actually has a cesspool, not a septic tank). Unfortunately, I wasn't there to ask any follow-up questions. I'm wondering, is it possible this is a partially blocked main line out to the cesspool? Could it be...

View more questions Search