Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macbeetle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 07:02 AM
    VW Beetle Knock Sensor 1
    I am trying to locate the Knock Sensor 1 on my 2001 VW Beetle 1.8L AWV. The service manual shows it is on the left hand side of the Intake Manifold, but I don’t see it.

The emissions test failed due to:

On-Board Diagnostic Codes Read - 1
    P0327 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
    callisto9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 09:29 PM
    I don't know the answer, but I am a member of a forum that probably does. Check out Homepage - NewBeetle.org - The Ultimate Resource for New Beetle Enthusiasts - tons of super helpful people here. ;)
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Apr 4, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Your engine possibly has two. Vw put them directly under the intake.One behind the a/c and alternator and the other under the intake behihind the plastic coolant bypass housing. Neither is any fun to get to. Recommend have a shop do it to spare your hair.
    smokeonit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by macbeetle
    I am trying to locate the Knock Sensor 1 on my 2001 VW Beetle 1.8L AWV. The service manual shows it is on the left hand side of the Intake Manifold, but I don’t see it.

The emissions test failed due to:

On-Board Diagnostic Codes Read - 1
    P0327 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
    I have the same thing going on... reset the codes and see if it returns... if it only returns once every couple of months then it's something minor and you have to resort to resetting the OBD... if it pops up more frequenlty get a new knock sensor, yes there's 2, but you code already told you which of the 2 it is...

I got a quote from VW germany for the know sensor for €42, $63... don't pay more than that... putting it in should be 30min shop time not more... ask what they charge for the half hour in your VW shop... stuff like that I'd leave to VW, especially if your VW is still on warranty...
    jmove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 09:27 AM
    A blue temperature gage light has come on and off on my dash board, my cooling fluid sees fine. Why would this light turn on? 2002 bettle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

2000 Honda Civic knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the knock sensor located on the 2000 Honda Civic EX 4D 1.6l (single overhead cam)?

Nissan altima knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to know where the knock sensor is on the 95 nissan altima Not the oxegen sensor but the knock... Thanks

View more questions Search