Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aggiemom0520 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 06:44 AM
    Daschund skin infection
    We just got a daschund puppy who has some patches of hair loss with tiny healing lesions on his head. He has been on antibiotics & we were given a shampoo to use. What could this be, are we treating it right, & is there a long term problem?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Have you taken him to the vet?

I believe a trip to the vet is in order. I treat my puppies (all 3), the way I treat my kids, if one is sick they go to the doctor. I know it is expensive, but if I could not afford it I would not take the responsibility. I don't have health insurance for the dogs or the kids, but it is a price I have to pay to be a Mom.
    faith25 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Hi there,

Yes, I would indeed either call the vet and ask or make an appointment.
    Trixiesperson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:22 AM
    I just saw my vet today about my mini as well. She said that they are prone to skin problems and most can be treated with creams. However, it sounds like your pet my be getting to a more serious stage. She showed me some painful looking pictures. I would agree that a Dr. visit is in order if it doesn't start getting better right away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Yeast infection? [ 3 Answers ]

These were my other posts that will help me explain my new one. I have found a birth control that's doesn't make me feel sick and it has help my period so that it has finally stopped. I am getting a lot of discharge now which before I was told was overgrowth in yeast. This would be the third time...

Stopped the infection but... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, hope you guys can help. First.. running xp with sp2, norton systemworks premier 2006, licensed version of ad-aware by lavasoft, microsofts defender. One of them caught a malware trying to install and I had the program stop and remove. Now, whenever I start up, I get a 'winlogon.exe has failed...

Ear infection [ 6 Answers ]

My dog has an ear infection and the vet prescribed some ear drops. I was wondering if what Labman suggested for cleaning the ears can be done easily or should I have someone show me first then do it on my own. I really would hate to screw up his hearing or balance in case I poke something in the...

Infection while getting crown [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is in middle of getting a crown fitted. Last week he felt ill and now after he came down with a high fever we found that his gums/tongue/mouth is infected. Is this normal? Can this be caused by the hygiene of the dentist. The dentist claims -- trust him -- and take the antibiotic...

View more questions Search